after reading this thread, not one to say ill towards others, i think that the OP didn't get scammed. he probably stole the phone and is now trying to activate the thing and vzw isn't letting him.
    06-19-09 05:15 AM
    Ouch dude, sorry for your loss... I hope he didnt take you for the full price of the phone, but then again any amount is too much for a paperweight with that much potential...
    It's definitely not a laughing matter, but if the OP paid full price for the phone off Craig's List then he/she deserved to be parted from his/her money. Still, it's a shame.

Way too many stories like this from people that are looking to save a few dollars (and obviously, aren't we all??) - people just don't seem to learn by the mistakes of others. Unless you're going to do due diligence by obtaining the ESN and verfiying it through the service provider, it's a risky proposition at best. This being the case, you really are entering the situation blindly. Praying/hoping that you get a good, working device that's usable on the providers network is only asking for trouble.
    06-19-09 10:20 AM
    I didnt know they had an ebonics keyboard
    Not a keyboard .......RIM added new software that allows you to totally destroy the English language.
    06-19-09 10:23 AM
    Wow, is that english?
    Agreed! Pretty pathetic read.
    06-19-09 10:26 AM
    dat happen to me with a LG Voyager was so excited bout the fone i forgot to try to activate in front of the person and got scammed! they say after a year they remove dem from the lost/stolen list but it wasnt the case with my voyager i checked over a yr later! i ended up buying my curve from ebay seller with good track record and it worked perfect! it sucks dat u cant use the phone dough!!
    Light-hearted follow up (note to mods: not a personal attack...adding a bit of humor). An oldie but goodie from fellow CB member, MrCbr:

I'm having a hard time reading this as anything resembling the english language.

Were you drunk when posting? I am curious.

What are you trying to tell us Lassie? Did Little Timmy fall in the well?! There's a stranger in the hen house?!

What, EXACTLY, does that block of text you posted mean?!

Please help. SO confused.......

06-19-09 11:02 AM
    dat happen to me with a LG Voyager was so excited bout the fone i forgot to try to activate in front of the person and got scammed! they say after a year they remove dem from the lost/stolen list but it wasnt the case with my voyager i checked over a yr later! i ended up buying my curve from ebay seller with good track record and it worked perfect! it sucks dat u cant use the phone dough!!
    [HUMOR]

Since everyone has been posting about the chuckle-inducing grammar and difficult structure of this post, I decided to try to translate this into the Queen's English, you know, just for laughs and good times... and so those that said they couldn't read it could read it. Without further ado...

Gentlemen, this too has happened to me! I was purchasing an LG Voyager that I was ever so happy about, in fact, I was so elated about my new mobile that I forgot to have it activated while my benefactor was present. Upon activating the device at a later time I found that I had been had! I heard rumour that upon a years time, they might remove devices from the lost and stolen list, however this was not my experience at all. I resolved myself to purchase another device, this time a BlackBerry Curve, from a reputable eBay vendor with an impeccable background and my purchase went swimmingly. Friend, I am sorry for your misfortune, however, and that you are not able to utilize the phone you purchased.

[/HUMOR]
    06-19-09 05:40 PM
    [HUMOR]

Since everyone has been posting about the chuckle-inducing grammar and difficult structure of this post, I decided to try to translate this into the Queen's English, you know, just for laughs and good times... and so those that said they couldn't read it could read it. Without further ado...

Gentlemen, this too has happened to me! I was purchasing an LG Voyager that I was ever so happy about, in fact, I was so elated about my new mobile that I forgot to have it activated while my benefactor was present. Upon activating the device at a later time I found that I had been had! I heard rumour that upon a years time, they might remove devices from the lost and stolen list, however this was not my experience at all. I resolved myself to purchase another device, this time a BlackBerry Curve, from a reputable eBay vendor with an impeccable background and my purchase went swimmingly. Friend, I am sorry for your misfortune, however, and that you are not able to utilize the phone you purchased.

[/HUMOR]
    Now I get it. Thanks
    06-19-09 08:09 PM
    I can help you with your problem Simplymike, please email me @

james.g.2009(at symbol)comcast.net

J

Note: It won't let me post this with my email address unless I have 10 or more post', so put the @ where I say (at symbol)
    07-25-09 05:09 PM
    [HUMOR]

[/HUMOR]
    best laugh I've had all day
    07-25-09 05:12 PM
    Sorry man, can't do anything ... Don't trust so much when you buy a cdma phone, if it was gsm it wouldn't be a problem but cdma it's not so easy!
    07-25-09 05:25 PM
    [HUMOR]

[/HUMOR]

very nice....
    07-25-09 05:28 PM
    How can you check the ESN? By calling TMo?
    10-03-09 03:06 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD