Hi All,

Im very new at using a forum so please help me out. My boss has an exchange account setup for his BB and then also has his Gmail setup on the device as well. He also has the same setup on his Outlook in his home office.

Whenever he receives an email from Gmail his BB updates right away and 5 minutes latter his Outlook updates. Once Outlook receives the email from Gmail the BB and Outlook sync and he ends up with two copies of the same Gmail message.

I contacted tech support for our Exchange Account (It is hosted though a company called Sherweb) and they said that there was nothing they could do as they are not equipped for this type of situation.

However the Tech did say that if I deleted the BIS for Gmail then my boss would still be able to receive Gmail messages but not send emails on behalf of his gmail account from his BB. He also stated that this would reslove the double email issue. He wasn't able to tell me how to do this though as they dont support the fix.

Can anyone help?
    11-16-09 04:43 PM
    you can go into email settings (under setup folder on my phone /theme) and highlight the gmail account and delete it. After deleting the account the emails will be sent after they are received by outlook.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 08:32 PM
    There is no way to keep this from happening if your boss wants to keep getting his email on his PC/Outlook. The issue is that he's using Outlook to receive email from (2) accounts into one mailbox. I would suggest that your boss set up his Exchange account separate from his personal GMail account. You can easily do this just by setting up two profiles in Outlook. One for the Exchange account and one for his GMail account. While he won't be able to see both at the same time, it'll solve his issue with the duplicate emails in the Exchange account and it'll also keep his personal email separate from his work email... AND it'll keep email replies to his GMail emails "clean" from being replied from his Exchange account address instead.

Just a suggestion, but this is really the most logical/clean setup your boss should run.
    11-16-09 08:48 PM
    Unfortunately he wants the ability to send emails from Gmail that he received from Exchange and vice versa.

Also, I cant delete Gmail off the phone because his outlook isn't always open. If I deleted Gmail off his phone then he wouldn't receive any messages from that email box when he doesn't have outlook open on his home computer.

Its looking like this is a case where he will just have to deal with duplicate emails if this is the kind of flexibility he wants. Dose anyone know what the Tech I spoke to was talking about when he said I could delete the BIS for Gmail? Im guessing he meant I could delete some of the permissions but I know nothing about BIS at this time.

Thanks for the help!
    11-17-09 10:40 AM
    I'm not sure I understand your problem completely or exactly why he gets duplicates. I don't have an exchange account or know exactly what an exchange accountis and does, but I do use gmail and also use outlook at home for my gmail.. I don't have an issue with duplicates. I used to have a problem with even though the message was read on the blackberry when I got home that evening the same message would appear as new and unread in outlook? Is this the issue or is actual duplicate messages the issue? To solve the issue I had it was all about setting gmail up as an IMAP account and not as a POP3.
    11-17-09 12:08 PM
    The issue is actual duplication of the Gmail message. When you make a change to the second instance of the Gmail Message on the BB it reflects that change on Outlook. However, when you do something to the first instance of the Gmail Message no corresponding changes are done in Outlook.
    11-17-09 03:02 PM
    Unfortunately he wants the ability to send emails from Gmail that he received from Exchange and vice versa.

Also, I cant delete Gmail off the phone because his outlook isn't always open. If I deleted Gmail off his phone then he wouldn't receive any messages from that email box when he doesn't have outlook open on his home computer.

Its looking like this is a case where he will just have to deal with duplicate emails if this is the kind of flexibility he wants. Dose anyone know what the Tech I spoke to was talking about when he said I could delete the BIS for Gmail? Im guessing he meant I could delete some of the permissions but I know nothing about BIS at this time.

Thanks for the help!
    No, you're misunderstanding what I'm telling you to do. I didn't say to delete it off the phone. I said to setup separate profiles in Outlook for both his GMail and his Exchange mailboxes. The issue is because you're receiving his GMail email into his Exchange mailbox. Leave the BB as is... just separate his email accounts in Outlook via two profiles and set it to prompt for which profile to use when he starts Outlook. He picks either Exchange/Work or GMail/Personal. Problem solved...
    11-17-09 09:52 PM
    That still wont work, He wants all his Gmail messages and Exchange messages funneled into one box so he has access to both at a moments notice.

Thanks for the idea though!
    11-18-09 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD