I'm a newbie...who usually just lurks, but now I've been forced to start a thread.

My BB Storm suddenly decided to not work. Pretty much all day long it's been switching on and off, giving me the white screen where it has a stop clock thing in the center...and finally now it won't even switch on or anything.

I've hooked it up to the mains, just incase it's run out of juice...but my phone doesn't even seem to be charging. The phone looks unresponsive. Nothing at all, no light, no anything. It's driving me crazy. I don't actually know what to do now.

I bought the phone off of a friend because I absolutely hate Vodaphone and didn't want to sign up with them so I just had the phone unlocked and use my Orange sim. If my BB is truly dead, is there anything I can do? Like call BB and get them to sort it out because it's still in warranty obviously...?

But if anyone has any advice for me I'd greatly appreciate it. Oh and just incase it helps or anything, I haven't downloaded any new apps or anything.

Thanks guys!

p.s. BB coldturkey was not fun today.
    02-05-09 06:56 PM
    Does no one have any advice?

I called Orange today and they said bring it to the store so that they cold hook it up to a new charger just incase my charger had broken. I'm going to do that tomorrow...but it may or may not be that.
    02-07-09 05:23 PM
    your bb may be nuked, it sometimes happen on a bb device. it stuck in a booting cycle, on off on off until the battery runs out. Try charging it for a day and do a battery pull, if your storm switch on off on off again means your charging is ok but your bb is now nuked.

Scroll down the storm thread and you'll find how to recover nuked bb, complete step by step instruction with pictures.
    02-07-09 07:01 PM
    My BB won't even connect to the DM, the LED light is not coming on or anything. I've had it charged all night. Nothing. I tried using the steps outlined in the BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry thread but the USB:UNKNOWN prompt doesn't even come up.

What do I do now? I'm at a total loss, because I haven't had a BB before now, nor have I had this one for all that long so I don't realy know how to sort it out. The damn thing just went crazy and stopped working.

If someone could help me out I'll be really grateful.
    02-08-09 09:13 AM
    Have you tried taking the sim card out and leaving out?
    02-08-09 02:33 PM
    I went to Orange and they checked the charger, so it's definitely the phone that's the problem. I've tried using the 101-guide to restoring the OS ect, but my phone won't come up on either the DM or the Command prompt thing. It' just seems to be completely and utterly dead, which is annoying considering I wasn't trying to load any thing on it, it just decided to go bat **** crazy.

I haven't tried taking the sim out and leaving it out, but I will do that once I get home as I don't have my BB it with me. Thanks!
    02-10-09 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD