I know I've read this somewhere but I can't seem to find it anywhere now. How do I stop the emails I send from being sent back to me? And how do I remove that sent from blackberry device at the end of the emails? I remember being able to get rid of both of these on my curve, but I can't figure it out on my Storm. Thanks in advance!
    01-03-09 12:58 PM
    I know I've read this somewhere but I can't seem to find it anywhere now. How do I stop the emails I send from being sent back to me? And how do I remove that sent from blackberry device at the end of the emails? I remember being able to get rid of both of these on my curve, but I can't figure it out on my Storm. Thanks in advance!
    You can stop the emails you send from being sent to you by going to Email settings > menu > filters > add filter > change the box to "From address" and add whatever you want to be excluded in the text box titled "Filter name". For example of your emails show up on your BB as being From your name then simply filter your name out and you won't get them anymore.
    01-03-09 01:09 PM
    To change the Signature on your emails go to Email Settings > click on an email address at the top > scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see "Signature" > write whatever you want in the box.
    01-03-09 01:11 PM
    Do you both mean on the phone itself or on the computer at my email?
    01-03-09 01:14 PM
    Do you both mean on the phone itself or on the computer at my email?
    all can be one on the phone.
    01-03-09 01:15 PM
    I can't seem to find either of those on the phone. Maybe I'm just ********.
    01-03-09 01:17 PM
    I can't seem to find either of those on the phone. Maybe I'm just ********.
    You have a Storm right? Email settings is an icon. Should be inside the "Setup" folder.
    01-03-09 01:22 PM
    Hi Michelle,
    To get rid of the "sent from" msg, goto Setup, Email setup, click on the email account, scroll down and erase the SIGNATURE, Save. I tried to erase the reply to box in hopes of receiving mail I sent out or replied too. But it did not work.
    Ima Newb so I cant post urls yet but do a search for "Carriers Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) Site"

Find you carriers site and change the settings online.
    01-03-09 01:23 PM
    You have a Storm right? Email settings is an icon. Should be inside the "Setup" folder.
    Ohh in the Setup folder, I was just looking through the message options. Thanks. That got rid of the Sent from blah blah. Thanks!
    01-03-09 01:26 PM
    Ohh in the Setup folder, I was just looking through the message options. Thanks. That got rid of the Sent from blah blah. Thanks!
    Yep. now if you go into Email Settings and click the BB menu button without selecting an email account first you will se "Filters" click that and you can set up a filter to stop receiving emails that you send.
    01-03-09 01:28 PM
    Zoli,
    I tried your method, but when I try to save it says "Filter must contain an item to filter on" Do I need to put something int the "Contains:" box as well?
    01-03-09 01:34 PM
    Yep. now if you go into Email Settings and click the BB menu button without selecting an email account first you will se "Filters" click that and you can set up a filter to stop receiving emails that you send.
    Yeah what exactly am I trying to filter? Myself? What if I want to receive emails from myself tho, just not the ones I send? lol Sorry.
    Last edited by himynameismichelle; 01-03-09 at 01:46 PM.
    01-03-09 01:37 PM
    Yeah what exactly am I trying to filter? Myself? What if I want to receive emails from myself tho, just not the ones I send? lol Sorry.
    Yeah sorry I'm not being clear.

So when you open the "filters" screen you see an email account (make sure its the one you want to add the filter to). from there heres what to do....

Filter Name - thats whatever you want to call it and it has nothing to do with what will be filtered.

Filter on - select "From Address"

Contains - here you want to Type whatever name appears on your BB when you get an email that you sent (does that make sense?) For example if when you send an email from your BB you get an email on your BB that is from "Joe Smith" then you would want to filter the name "Joe Smith"....add as many filters as you want.
    01-03-09 01:56 PM
    Zoli,
    I tried your method, but when I try to save it says "Filter must contain an item to filter on" Do I need to put something int the "Contains:" box as well?
    I think you need to click Add.
    01-03-09 02:04 PM
    Yeah sorry I'm not being clear.

So when you open the "filters" screen you see an email account (make sure its the one you want to add the filter to). from there heres what to do....

Filter Name - thats whatever you want to call it and it has nothing to do with what will be filtered.

Filter on - select "From Address"

Contains - here you want to Type whatever name appears on your BB when you get an email that you sent (does that make sense?) For example if when you send an email from your BB you get an email on your BB that is from "Joe Smith" then you would want to filter the name "Joe Smith"....add as many filters as you want.
    Yeah that makes sense. Thanks a lot!
    01-03-09 02:05 PM
    Yeah that makes sense. Thanks a lot!
    One thing to be wary of is you will not be able to forward emails to your BB. I filtered out my own emails at one point and then realized that. Sometime, at least for me, I will check an email on my MAC and then want to forward it to my BB if it has some info or a picture or something that I want to have with me.....if you filter you cannot forward emails to yourself and have them on the storm.....just FYI
    01-03-09 02:39 PM
    To change the Signature on your emails go to Email Settings > click on an email address at the top > scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see "Signature" > write whatever you want in the box.
    Cool, thanks Zoli. Ive been wanting to change my signature for quite sometime
    01-03-09 07:14 PM
    Ah, Filter name is what i thought I was "filtering". Got it thanks Zoli.
    01-05-09 06:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD