Right now my blackberry storm is not activated. A friend gave it to me and i owned a motorola q in the past. i know i could connect my Q to the computer via usb cord and connect to the internet using the internet access on my computer to get it on my phone.. is this possible on the storm? if so, someone please help.
    02-09-10 09:08 AM
    You can not use the internet access on your computer to give you internet access on your phone.

If your confusing it, you can tether your device to give your computer access. You just need the correct data plan, which you don't have.
    02-09-10 09:34 AM
    That depends... do you mean tether your the storm to the computer to use internet on the pc? yeah. Its called Tether.
    heres a link: Tether BlackBerry | BlackBerry Modem | Tether
    let me know if thats what youre talking about. :]
    02-09-10 09:37 AM
    No no, lol i was just wondering if i could use my internet access on my computer to get internet on my phone. My motorola Q could do that and i didn't know if blackberry devices could or not.
    02-09-10 10:08 AM
    The 9530 does not have Wi-Fi. If you had a Wi-Fi capable BlackBerry, you could turn on the Wi-Fi and get Internet access by connecting to the router. However, this is not possible on the 9530. It does not have the necessary hardware.
    02-09-10 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD