Myself, my friend (both have storms) and my other friend (just got a Tour) are ALL having the same problem:

At times the internet will not work, our txt messages won't go through, and we can receive any texts. The only way to fix it is to either shut the phone off or go to Manage Connections and turn the Verizon network off (all verizon BTW) for a second then turn it back on. After doing that we get our few text messages we've missed at once )

Problem is, this can happen completely randomly. So we never know when our internet is not working (unless we try to go on the internet of course or send a txt).

This has to be a major problem since myself and my two friends are all experiencing it.

Is this happening to anyone else? Is there a solution?

Thanks!
    07-20-09 10:11 PM
    It's not happening to me. How is your signal strength and what os are you running on the Storm?
    07-20-09 10:19 PM
    You're probably in an area where Verizon is switching over to Alltel towers due to buyout. Call CS and let them know you're having issues in the area.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 10:33 PM
    Have you tried turning your phone to IXEV only?
    07-20-09 10:48 PM
    Just curious, where do you live (you don't have to be too specific )
    07-20-09 10:54 PM
    Westchester County, NY
    07-21-09 01:51 AM
    When you have no data your connection will be listed with lower case letters 1xev or 1x instead of 1XEV or 1X

07-21-09 01:56 AM
    pkcable you beat me to it haha

07-21-09 03:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD