12-23-08 06:03 PM
    i just go to messages and hit send an sms message and it sends but when i send a txt from another phone to mine, it won't receive the message, i can see the little arrow in the corner transferring the data but there is not message or notification after that
    12-23-08 06:03 PM
    Jitterbug...
    lol..good one!
    12-23-08 06:07 PM
    i just go to messages and hit send an sms message and it sends but when i send a txt from another phone to mine, it won't receive the message, i can see the little arrow in the corner transferring the data but there is not message or notification after that
    You need to call VZW tech support. They can reset your text backbone.
    12-23-08 06:08 PM
    whats the text backbone
    12-23-08 06:16 PM
    Did you send your Service Books?

If not, you need to. Its the books that came with the phone.... package them up and send them.
    12-23-08 06:19 PM
    whats the text backbone
    1. Get Box Phone came in.
    2. Open Box Phone Came in.
    3. Place Phone in Box.
    4. Call Verizon for return number.
    5. Call FedEx and schedule pick up.
    6. Go to ATT Store.
    7. Buy Go Phone
    8. Go Away.

People here are trying to help you and you question everything they tell you to do. So just send the phone back get a GoPhone and get on with it.

Plus posting a thread titled Help really doesn't help......
    12-23-08 06:28 PM
    Did you send your Service Books?

If not, you need to. Its the books that came with the phone.... package them up and send them.
    Do you have the address handy?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 06:32 PM
    im sorry i troubled all you important people with a simple question which is the whole reason you even have this stupid forum section and instead all you do is make fun of me because im not a complete lifeless nerd who spends all day making love with his cell phone
    Then learn how TRTFM!
    12-23-08 06:33 PM
    My SMS Message Icon disappeared and it won't receive txt messages. Anyone know how to get it back?
    You said in another thread that you started about this that it happened after you reset your phone--how did you do that?
    12-23-08 06:33 PM
    wow! Folks here are really vicious! I mean a good laugh is all in fun but some of you really get off on this mean ****.

OP, go here, https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw and sign in. Create a new account if you've never done this.

Once you have done this, on the left is a menu selection of service books. Hit is and resend your service books.

This should really correct your problem. If not, you'll have to call up vzw techs.

good luck and sorry for the fun folks have had at your expense.
    12-23-08 06:37 PM
    Do you have the address handy?

Yes. It's 6897 RIM WAY WATERLOO, CANADA
    12-23-08 06:37 PM
    wow! Folks here are really vicious! I mean a good laugh is all in fun but some of you really get off on this mean ****.

OP, go here, https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw and sign in. Create a new account if you've never done this.

Once you have done this, on the left is a menu selection of service books. Hit is and resend your service books.

This should really correct your problem. If not, you'll have to call up vzw techs.

I don't know that it's as much about being mean and vicious as it is being frustrated. Speaking for myself, the very FIRST thing I do when I buy a new device is buy the book for it. Then I read it cover to cover, playing as I go. In this way, I learn the very BASICS of my phone(which it does not sound like the OP has done)

It's very frustrating when someone says they have a problem and you pretty much have to start from "this is your phone"
    12-24-08 07:34 AM

I agree that i hate to see people be rude to us newbies...
    but seriously...
    this guy asked "Im new to BB how do i do a batt pull"
    he couldnt figure out how to do a battery pull...
    THIS PHONE IS OBVIOUSLY WAY WAY WAY TOO COMPLICATED FOR THIS GUY!!!
    12-24-08 08:16 AM
    Any guesses on the age of the OP? I am guessing 13, parents bought him the phone, Dad told him it was too much phone for his needs but bought it anyway and now he can't go back and ask for help.

12-24-08 08:22 AM
    Any guesses on the age of the OP? I am guessing 13, parents bought him the phone, Dad told him it was too much phone for his needs but bought it anyway and now he can't go back and ask for help.

You guys scared the OP away. Now ill never know if he actually sent out his books to Waterloo.

12-24-08 10:18 AM
    Maybe he went to the post office to send his service books.
    12-24-08 10:33 AM
    12-24-08 01:49 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD