Like I said before, I'm a first time owner and user of a Blackberry ( I have the Storm ), so please bare with me... I have a question about my phone number coming up as unnamed or blank on my all my friends cell phone. They all have added my number and name to their contacts lists, so why would it come up unnamed? does it have something to do with the fact that they don't own a BB? ( I know this can't possibly be a factor but I have to ask ) Or are my settings causing this to happen? Please find time in your busy day to help me with my dilema. Thank you in advance, Kap.
    12-21-08 01:19 PM
    In the phone app there is an option to restrict your identity. Do you have that on always?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-08 01:24 PM
    it was set to network determined. what does that mean?
    12-21-08 01:26 PM
    if that doesnt work, call customer care and find out if they have the "Block Caller ID" feature checked on your account...sometimes the CS Reps accidently check a different box.
    12-21-08 01:28 PM
    That's where it should be. That's all I could think of. I'm sure someone will know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-08 01:28 PM
    what if I set it to never? wouldn't that solve the problem?
    12-21-08 01:30 PM
    you could always try it and see. if that doesnt work I would do what Mattym said and call customer service.
    12-21-08 01:33 PM
    If you want your phone number to be hidden to those you are calling, set the "Restrict My Identity" field to "Always".
    If you want your your phone number to be displayed, set the "Restrict My Identity" field to "Never".
    If you want the network to decide whether to hide or display your phone number, just set the "Restrict My Identity" field to "Network"

I have no idea how it chooses, but there you go.
    12-21-08 01:39 PM
    Ok well thank all of you for helping me out. I will be posting more often on here now that I'm addicted to my Blackberry Storm so see you guys around.
    12-21-08 01:40 PM
    dial key>menu key>options>general options>restrict my identity>always/never/network determined, save. If you want your info to show when you call, select never.
    12-21-08 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD