So yesterday I was out all day from 5am to 9pm in the hot Florida sun. Any how. My awesome phone was at 15% at 11am and died at 1pm. Thats 7 hours. And I did not even use it other then to look at the time. I never surfed the web or anything. I got a few short calls but that's it. And yes my phone auto reboots at 4am. So no apps were running. GPS was off..ect. I am on 4.7.148

The phone was in my pocket and it was 90+ Degrees out. And the battery drained very fast. Any one think these two are some how related?

Peeps with the iphone were still using there phones at 9pm. And another guy had some HTC phone which was still working too. And they used there phone a lot more then I did. This pisses me off since my phone should still have a charge like they have.

I am going to have to invest in a extra battery or some extended battery. This sucks... going to have to carry and charge two batteries. Other then the extended battery that comes with he chepo cover is there anything else? I don't have a case or anything so I don't care if it will not fit in any case.

Thanks
    Last edited by thescreensavers; 10-05-09 at 02:53 PM.
    10-05-09 02:50 PM
    My awesome phone was at 15% at 11am and died at 1pm. Thats 7 hours.
    That's 2 hours, not 7... 1300 - 1100 = 200. Right?

And maybe their phones had more charge than yours? 15% isn't much... heck the radio shuts off at 5% and I think the phone shuts down at 2.5%
    10-05-09 02:58 PM
    Geeze, OP this is a smart phone and they all suck up battery life like crazy. 2 hours with 15% sounds about right to me. I don't understand what you're complaining about.

Next time when you know you're going to be out for a while charge your phone. I charge mine between 20 and 40% which means daily. Every few weeks I let it fully discharge.
    10-05-09 03:04 PM
    That's 2 hours, not 7... 1300 - 1100 = 200. Right?

And maybe their phones had more charge than yours? 15% isn't much... heck the radio shuts off at 5% and I think the phone shuts down at 2.5%
    So yesterday I was out all day from 5am to 9pm in the hot Florida sun. Any how. My awesome phone was at 15% at 11am and died at 1pm. Thats 7 hours

It was at 100% at 5am, I charge my phone everyday. And Thats 8 hours actually my bad, hope this is clearer now. but still It died in 8 hours with little to no use...
    Last edited by thescreensavers; 10-05-09 at 03:13 PM.
    10-05-09 03:10 PM
    8.... 8 hours.. :P

Ahhhhh....

So you're running about 12% discharge / hour... I'd get a new battery and see if there's a difference.
    10-05-09 03:14 PM
    8.... 8 hours.. :P

Ahhhhh....

So you're running about 12% discharge / hour... I'd get a new battery and see if there's a difference.
    yea.. I am going to have too, hmm does Verizon give out new ones? Its been less then a year.
    10-05-09 03:17 PM
    It was at 100% at 5am, I charge my phone everyday. And Thats 8 hours actually my bad, hope this is clearer now. but still It died in 8 hours with little to no use...
    I thought i was going crazy, yeah it's 8 hours and it also depends if you may have left something runing in the background?
    did you have a bad radio signal where you were?
    Heat can also contribute...but i also think .148 may not have the most stable radio signal, seems like my battery life improved after upgrading to .151 and now .167.
    10-05-09 03:19 PM
    You can probably get replacement from Verizon, yeah.
    10-05-09 03:21 PM
    You can probably get replacement from Verizon, yeah.
    Ill be off to Verizon then. Cool
    10-05-09 03:27 PM
    eh theyll still shaft you for like $50. Verizon is also good for throwing the water damage claim at you lol
    10-05-09 03:57 PM
    eh theyll still shaft you for like $50. Verizon is also good for throwing the water damage claim at you lol
    lol, worse...I decided to go to the local one nearby then to drive to the store I usually go to, so when I got there I waited 30 min in line.

I told them I need a new battery and that I have discharged the battery and recharged to full blah blah.

Then they asked me " How long do you charge it" I said before I go to sleep I plug it in at what ever charge it has since usually I have to charge it mid day. And unplug it when I wake up.

The tech responds to me 'oh, you are cooking your battery, your only suppose to charge it 4-6 hours.

I said - well the phone has a charging circuit and automatically stops charging the battery when it hits 100%.

Tech responded - oh no blackberrys dont have it.

I am like ok what ever do you have the battery in stock?

then wanted me to stay there 2 hours while they do a "battery test".But they close in 30 min so they asked if I needed my phone tomorrow, I am like what kind of question is that.

I am just going to go to the store I always go to tomorrow. I guess I should just act like an !diot and waste my time while they fiddle with it, instead of telling them whats up.

gerr
    10-05-09 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD