Hi there,

Someone posted on these boards that it's their experience that BB's run better on a GSM network and Androids run better on a CDMA network. That got me to thinking about the connection problems my husband and I seem to have.

We each have headsets (wireless-hands-free in our ear things just so there's no confusion when I say "headsets") which we use when talking to one another. He's a trucker so he's traveling all week long in various areas in a semi-wide path from WI to FL and back. When we speak to one another we're constantly saying "huh?" "what?" "I didn't hear you" etc ... there always seems to be background and other noise between us. He tells me he doesn't have this problem w/anyone else he speaks with and he talks to a lot of people every day. These other people are probably not wearing headsets for the most part, they're maybe on cells but I don't know for sure. Brokers, shippers, his home office and friends etc. We also only seem to have the problems when wearing our headsets.

I've spent a fortune on various headsets to try to find ones that work and no headset is problem free for us. I probably have 6 or 8 different ones here that are not doing nothing but collecting dust.

It also doesn't matter whether he's in or out of the truck, close or far away. If headsets are in use we have the problem.

I have a Storm 1 and he's got a non-smart flip phone which is a few years old but we've had this problem all along. I'm wondering is this perhaps another possibility as the source of the problem? He had a Motorola Krave previously and we had the same problem.

We don't know what to do anymore. I can't continue to buy headset after headset.

Can anyone confirm the possibility of it being a BB on a CDMA (VZW) network? Is it that I've got a Storm 1? Oh and this is my 3rd Storm 1 cuz the other two had problems so it's not just THIS Storm either. I'd really like to nail down this issue as we want to get new phones and don't want the same problems all over again.
    11-24-10 03:25 AM
    I have the exact problem with my Storm 1, my husband has a Storm 2 also. When I'm using either speakerphone or a headset, the person on the other end can hear all kinds of background noise. When my husband has his headset on, while it isn't completely clear, it is much better than my Storm 1.
    I think it's a phone specific thing. I don't know why, but I agree it does suck.
    11-24-10 03:42 PM
    Are you on GSM or CDMA network?
    11-25-10 10:19 AM
    started a similar thread on Bluetooth Central:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f42/blu...etooth-555115/

Still have no replies. It seems odd to me that this many people would be experiencing these problems and no one talking about it.

It does seem to be bluetooth specific, and not phone specific. I have a Storm II, dad has some cheap phone-only type phone. My brother has an android. We all three have the same problem with each other. Only consistancy seems to be bluetooth on both ends, and verizon on both ends.
    11-29-10 09:17 AM
    It does seem to be bluetooth specific, and not phone specific. I have a Storm II, dad has some cheap phone-only type phone. My brother has an android. We all three have the same problem with each other. Only consistancy seems to be bluetooth on both ends, and verizon on both ends.
    Got any ideas how I could test this?

I've actually thought of going into an AT&T store and asking if they'd provide me with a couple of phones (rent me one or ??? I don't mean free) for about a month so that we could run a good test. Month would be better cuz hubby goes to several different places in a month's time and it would be a more reliable test. I know Sprint doesn't work for us - we had bookoo coverage problems when we did the Sprint thing. I've heard AT&T's coverage is really bad. I don't know how else to go about testing this so open to other ideas.
    12-02-10 02:02 AM
    I have been paying close attention to my version of this issue, and have been trying to take notice of things.

started noticing the level of background noise when things get difficult to hear.
    I noticed that If things are quiet on the far end, but noisy here, then I cannot here the person I am talking to. Also, if things are noisy there, and quiet here, then they cannot hear me. I found that muting my handset guaranteed that I could hear perfectly clear.

I am beginning to think it has to do with having noise canceling technology working on both ends of the conversation.

No idea how to do a really good accurate test. I would assume there are some serious background noise issues in a truck. I have also noticed that other things that you wouldn't normally think as being noisy can be. Sharp high-pitched sounds seem to be magnified either by the headsets or the hands sets, not sure which. For example, wading up a sheet of paper is deafening on the other end.

Anyway, hope this helps a little bit. maybe if we argue with it long enough we will figure something out.
    12-03-10 05:37 PM
    Ok, our problem is now SOLVED! Yayyyy! I visited my local VZW store and a very nice clerk spent a lot of time with me and we did some testing. As it turns out the whole problem was with my husband's phone which was only bluetooth 1.1 and apparently incompatible with my bluetooth 2x ... got him a new phone and no more problems.
    01-24-11 03:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD