Three sepearate VZW reps (phone) tried to force me into making an insurance claim ($50 deductable) to get my now 3 button Storm replaced.

They all "claimed" Verizon wouldn't replace it because it wasn't a "manufacturing" issue and that my "worry free" period had expired last TH)

I then went to the store and handed the phone to the girl at the counter and she ordered me a replacement.

So, the moral is, if you KNOW "You" are right, don't let some CS rep tell you that "You" are wrong.

BTW - crazy glue seems to be working on the broken phone, so if the replacement sux, I still have the option of keeping mine.
    01-19-09 12:42 PM
    I know what you mean. I had some problems with my first storm. But I didn't have problems all the times...they came and went through out the day. The phone froze on me couple times and I had to do battery pull and wait for the phone to restart during emergencies. So I took it back to vz store where I got the phone from and I explained to the guy all the problems I encountered. But he said he couldn't exchange it for me because he didn't see the problems at the moment. After 10min of talking to him(or debating with him) I finally convinced him to get me a new storm.
    01-19-09 12:54 PM
    . . . I then went to the store and handed the phone to the girl at the counter and she ordered me a replacement. . . .
    Exactly what I did after my OEM BlackBerry holster ripped off the end call/power button. The best part of the whole deal was getting extra accessories with the replacement and being able to keep the originals.
    01-19-09 01:02 PM
    I can see the reps thinking this is the users fault and steering to insurance. So, what I would do is simply glue it back on and call CS to report the phone shuts off by itself or some other "non-mechanical" issue.
    01-19-09 01:34 PM
    You have to be persistent. My gf got a new phone two weeks ago and had nothing but problems with it. She was on the phone with CS for quite a while so for her troubles and inconvenience the CS rep told her to return it and VZW would give her $25 for her troubles. So we went to the local VZW store yesterday to return it. The sales person said sorry I don't see anything in our records about the $25 dollars credit, you have to call CS yourself and talk to them about that matter. After much complaining the sales person contacted CS and my gf got the $25 credit on her account that was promised.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD