So I was in the midst of trying to set up my Gmail IMAP account, when i was having some issues logging into the VZW BIS site. It's weird cause I dont remember registering a username/password for it. So I hit "create account" at the site, enter my PIN and serial number, only to have it tell me that there is an account registered for my phone. Alright...I go to "forgot password" and enter my PIN, awaiting a message. What does the message I get on my phone tell me? That there is no username/password set for my phone yet.

Yeah, I'm confused. What went wrong here, fellas?

Edit: Nevermind, figured out the issue, I think!
    Last edited by Rev0lver; 12-11-08 at 12:10 PM.
    12-11-08 12:06 PM
    If you set up your email through the setup app on the Storm, you have to call CS and have them give you a user/pass.
    12-11-08 12:18 PM
    Rev0lver, would you mind sharing with everyone what you did to resolve the issue? Did you do what chrisb recommended?
    12-14-08 12:39 PM
    Rev0lver, would you mind sharing with everyone what you did to resolve the issue? Did you do what chrisb recommended?
    i had the same issue, called vzw and they set it up. they ask you for a username and give you a temp pw
    12-14-08 01:22 PM
    The username is usually your email address and I think the password is automatically defaulted to "verizon". If that doesn't get you in - call CS.
    12-14-08 01:28 PM
    If you set up your email through the setup app on the Storm, you have to call CS and have them give you a user/pass.
    FALSE.

Go to the BIS site using your phone's browser and you can create a username / password from there. You can also get to the same interface by going into e-mail settings on the phone, hitting the BB key, and then selecting create username.
    12-14-08 01:30 PM
    Hi

I have an unlocked Storm, never used. I was trying to register the PIN and IMEI in my provider's BIS and I get the message saying that the PIN and IMEI are already registered with a different service provider. (?)

Now, I googled around but I found conflicting info. Some people say that I need to get the PIN released by Verizon, others say that I only need to get a BB plan with my own provider and that should do the trick.

I also read the thread about activating the Storm with T-Mobile and ATT, and I could try to adapt it to register it with my provider, but I dont know how to get their generic service books. Any suggestions here would be most welcome.

Thank you!
    12-31-08 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD