So I have tried two different overnight battery pulls on my storm. both were for about SIX hours. The reason i had to battery pull was becuase i used a Motorolla car charger to charge my Storm and the touch screen freaked out.

So far the battery pulls have helped, but there is still a tiny part of my screen that doesnt register me touching the screen. Its about an inch down and all the way across.

When I type the virtual keyboard it wont let me press the letters in the row E, D, or X, and if i flip the phone the other side it wont let me press I, K, or M. this is frustrating me beacuse i do alot of text messages and im constantly using the QWERTY keyboard but i have to use the SureType instead. Do i need to wait more than SIX hours when doing a battery pull, or do i need to take it back and get a different one?
    01-10-09 12:25 PM
    Mine did the exact same thing with the first row (Q,A...). Took it back and got it replaced. No questions asked. Take it back!!
    01-10-09 12:34 PM
    That is why they don't recommend using chargers, etc. that aren't made for a particular device. Sure you can find cheap chargers from eBay or ones that you use once used on another device, but if your device were to display an error that points to an unauthorized charger being used, it would void your warranty and you would be responsible for replacing it.

Todays lesson: Spend $20 to save $500.
    01-10-09 12:39 PM
    i took it back and got a new one. i think someone should notify Verizon or the boards here that even though a charger fits your Blackberry Storm, doesnt mean you should use it becuase you ca fry your touch screen in less than 30 minutes.
    01-10-09 06:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD