I'm having issues with the screen. I've tried multiple battery pulls, but have not had any success. The screen is always black now. The battery is not dead, as the backlight comes on, and when I could last see the screen I had a half battery left. I had the .113 OS installed for a week or so, and I was not having any trouble. Yesterday it was acting a bit funny, but nothing too serious. I decided that I would downgrade back to .75 anyway. After I did that, I was able to get things going fine at first, but it froze right after I finished the setup wizard. I did a battery pull, and now I cannot get anything to show up anymore. After one battery pull I was able to get the screen to show up again, but only for a few minutes. I've probably done 10-15 more battery pulls, and I all I get is a lit up black screen. It still receives messages though. I sent a text message from another phone, and it gave the alert correctly. I tried to do a search through the forums, but was not quite sure what I was looking for. If there is another thread that addresses this, please let me know so this one can be deleted. Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
    04-18-09 10:16 AM
    Try wiping the phone and reloading your OS. Use JLcmdr, search it on the forums, there is a download link somewhere.

If that doesn't work its a hardware problem and you need a new storm.
    04-18-09 11:17 AM
    I had the same problem a couple weeks ago. Screen started freezing up and eventually just went black. Barely had the phone for over a month. Took it to the Verizon store and they replaced it no questions asked. Don't think the wipe will help (I tried a couple wipes and OS installs with mine and it didn't work) but it certainly doesn't hurt to give it a shot first.

Good luck!
    04-18-09 11:33 AM
    The screen itself failed. This happened to me a while ago and Verizon replaced my phone.
    04-18-09 11:38 AM
    Sounds similar to my story. My new Storm is on it's way. Seems like this problem is one of Verizon's 'known issues' where warranty replacement is the SOP.
    04-18-09 12:09 PM
    Thanks to everyone for taking the time to reply. After reading these, I went out to the verizon store, and they are sending me a replacement. The tech person couldn't get it to show anything on the screen either. It was not a big deal at all to get it replaced. Thanks again for the responses.
    04-18-09 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD