I just called and first the guy had no idea what I was talking about. He asked what was on it and when I described it correctly ( he was very skeptical) he told me that I had to bring it in on friday and they could credit it to my account. He seemed to sketchy tho....too bad I didn't get in in the mail AND he told me their store is only getting 30 storms...stressfull!!! I'm getting there at 600am now!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Seems like thats what all the stores are getting cause i just called a store near me in cali and the said they will open at 7am and only have about 30 storms. the first ppl there will get tickets to purchase the storm. I am a new customer so I will be going in tomorrow to qualify and then on friday just show up and pick up the phone.
    11-17-08 08:49 PM
    30 Storms is hard to believe but anything is possible. That would be an even worse launch than the Voyager. Verizon would look really bad to advertise this much and only have 30 devices at each store. Its one thing to sell out to high demand and another to sell out due to extremely low supply. The last thing Verizon needs is another ill-prepared launch with insufficient supply levels. 30 phones wouldn't even cut it for an average phone launch, let alone their new flagship device.
    11-17-08 09:12 PM
    You called the number on the flyer?
    Yes I called the number on the flyer.
    11-17-08 09:26 PM
    30 Storms is hard to believe but anything is possible. That would be an even worse launch than the Voyager. Verizon would look really bad to advertise this much and only have 30 devices at each store. Its one thing to sell out to high demand and another to sell out due to extremely low supply. The last thing Verizon needs is another ill-prepared launch with insufficient supply levels. 30 phones wouldn't even cut it for an average phone launch, let alone their new flagship device.
    I have a feeling Verizon won't run out or if they did it won't be until later at night. I don't see how they could screw this one up.
    11-17-08 09:28 PM
    I'm a T-Mobile customer and i LOVE LOVE LOVE T-Mobile, but I am seriously considering switching to VZW JUST for the Storm. Would that deal work for me? & Why are VZW plans so expensive?!

Unlimited Texting
    TMO-14.99
    VZW- 20.00

Unlimited BB Email&Web
    TMO- 19.99
    VZW- 29.99

and not to mention the mintues on the plans are ridiculous on VZW!!
    I really wish T-Mo was getting the Storm!!
    I heard there was a similar version coming out for T-Mo in 2009 but i can hardly sit still! I AM obsessed with my berry & I REALLY want the storm.
    EVERYone I know has T-Mo so I 'm gonna have to limit my calls!
    11-17-08 09:59 PM
    I'm a T-Mobile customer and i LOVE LOVE LOVE T-Mobile, but I am seriously considering switching to VZW JUST for the Storm. Would that deal work for me? & Why are VZW plans so expensive?!

Unlimited Texting
    TMO-14.99
    VZW- 20.00

Unlimited BB Email&Web
    TMO- 19.99
    VZW- 29.99

and not to mention the mintues on the plans are ridiculous on VZW!!
    I really wish T-Mo was getting the Storm!!
    I heard there was a similar version coming out for T-Mo in 2009 but i can hardly sit still! I AM obsessed with my berry & I REALLY want the storm.
    EVERYone I know has T-Mo so I 'm gonna have to limit my calls!
    VZW is pricier b/c u have a larger infrastructure and coverage area, plus the areas covered have very good signal and reception.
    11-17-08 10:05 PM
    Why are VZW plans so expensive?!
    Its not just Verizon, AT&T is about the same price. You get what you pay for. The Verizon network is awesome in my area. It is reliable and has the best coverage.

In my area T-Mo drops calls and has horrible coverage. I don't care that they basically give away their data for free. What good is a cheap T-Mo plan if its doesn't work when you want it? YMMV
    11-17-08 10:08 PM
    Seems like it is the luck of the draw with who you get, but if you Get Julia you are going to be taken care of
    11-17-08 10:11 PM
    I am A VIP member and I did not get one of those
    11-17-08 10:18 PM
    Its not just Verizon, AT&T is about the same price. You get what you pay for. The Verizon network is awesome in my area. It is reliable and has the best coverage.

In my area T-Mo drops calls and has horrible coverage. I don't care that they basically give away their data for free. What good is a cheap T-Mo plan if its doesn't work when you want it? YMMV
    yea you're right, i guess i feel this way because where i live (Houston,Tx) T-mobile's coverage is awsome. But when Hurricane IKE hit us recently i could only text msg, and my co-workers that had verizon never lost service. i think i'll be switching, for the Storm!
    11-17-08 10:29 PM
    I guess I'll give the 1-888-324-3310 # on the ad a try tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get any luck because today I spoke to a VZW CS rep on the phone and I tried everything to get to note my account for a 1 year pricing at the very least, but, no she was so stubborn. I even lied to her that I recently started a new business and I needed a smartphone to handle 5 of my email accounts and I had to keep in touch with my co-workers. That didn't work well even when I pulled out my last resort to offer me a discount; the iPhone.... still the rep was stubborn. She said you would either go and buy the Storm at full retail or start a new plan and cancel it which would be ($250+$35+$150=$435). So thanks for the post, I'll try and reach them tommorow. Wish me luck
    11-17-08 10:43 PM
    dammit im jealous i'm already up for my ne2 as of the end of sept. and i'll be paying $150.
    11-17-08 10:46 PM
    Yes but I won't get my phone until Saturday. I figured it was a small price to pay for a $99 Storm
    11-17-08 10:56 PM
    I ordered the Storm calling Michelle at 1-888-324-3310. She said it is for new customers ONLY and she took $100 off the Storm. ($249.99 - $100.00 = $149.99 - $50 MIR = $99.00 Out the Door). I did not receive the flyer, but I told her that it came in the mail.

You can have it delivered one of 3 ways - Saturday (Additional $20, Monday $8.99, or Tuesday FREE. I choose to get it delivered on Monday since I will be spending time with my family during the weekends.

You can't beat getting the Storm for $99.00!!!
    11-18-08 08:38 AM
    well i just called it is 100. discount for the storm plus the rebate you have to mail in so at first you pay 149. for the storm you can not use the 50.00 vip discount and you have order from the that phone number they take your name down and will call you fri morning .. im going this route it saves me 50. and no line waiting ill just be pat. and wait till mon for my storm.. also i did not the flyer it is for any one that is eligable for the ne2 or yearly upgrades they look at your acount and determenif you eligable great dealso when i do the mail in rebate my storm will only cost me 99.99 what a freaken deal

11-18-08 08:46 AM
    well i just called it is 100. discount for the storm plus the rebate you have to mail in so at first you pay 149. for the storm you can not use the 50.00 vip discount and you have order from the that phone number they take your name down and will call you fri morning .. im going this route it saves me 50. and no line waiting ill just be pat. and wait till mon for my storm.. also i did not the flyer it is for any one that is eligable for the ne2 or yearly upgrades they look at your acount and determenif you eligable great dealso when i do the mail in rebate my storm will only cost me 99.99 what a freaken deal

Holy run on sentence and bad grammar Batman lol just kidding.

My family plan has 3 lines on it. My dad is the primary and there are two added lines (mine is one of them). My phone is not eligible to upgrade because it hasn�t been 20 months. The extra added line is eligible so I�ll be using that line to get the Storm. My dad�s line is eligible in Feb of 2009. So in this scenario, I don�t think I will be able to get that extra $100 off. I tried last night and the lady wouldn�t give me the $100 off. I am going to keep on trying until Friday. Doesn�t hurt to try. If not then I don�t mind paying $200 for the phone.
    11-18-08 08:58 AM
    I just talked to them this is a phone order special only....now i have a real dilemma im not going to be around sat or sun...do i wanna wait till Monday? my current phone can't hold a charge for more then 2 hours or 10 min of use what should i do?
    11-18-08 08:59 AM
    I just talked to them this is a phone order special only....now i have a real dilemma im not going to be around sat or sun...do i wanna wait till Monday? my current phone can't hold a charge for more then 2 hours or 10 min of use what should i do?
    So does that mean you get the $100 off if you order the phone when you call no matter if you are up for NE2 or just an upgrade?
    11-18-08 09:01 AM
    Thats what it seems like i called the reg CS and they only told me i was up for the $50 annual...but when i called they said i would get $100 off if i ordered it on the phone
    11-18-08 09:07 AM

So does that mean you get the $100 off if you order the phone when you call no matter if you are up for NE2 or just an upgrade?
    The CS rep I just talked to said no.

Her explanation is that the "up to" means I'll only get $50 of that $100, because that's what my new-every-two is worth.

The best she could do for me was $250 - $50 Instant Rebate - $50 NE2 = $150. The $50 instant was in lieu of the $50 mail-in rebate. After I told her I would probably hold off until I could get the phone for under $100, she said there was nothing more she could do for me.

Is it worth playing CS roulette and feeling the other reps out for a better deal?
    11-18-08 09:23 AM
    I just called the 888 number and spoke to a Colleen in Connecticut (ext. 3923). She said that this is a private mailer and has nothing to do with the NE2. She said that I would have to call back Friday to place the order for the phone, that it was for telesales only.
    11-18-08 09:24 AM
    Ha, so you spoke with Julia as well?

I just called, and no I did not get the flyer. I am currently on a family share plana dn this is what happened.

I told her about this flyer, she looked up my account, and my number, and said she doesn't see anything, and I go oshi-. Then she tells me she is going to write down my information, and call me on monday because she is going to try and get me the 100 dollar discount, and that I should be able to get it . She also mentioned she has been getting alot of phone calls from people who have not received the flyer, and she told me "kinda funny right?" I chuckled and said yea, defiantly strange. Anyway she was really nice and is going to call me back and also try to get me a package deal including a cover bluetooth and car charger for 50 bucks

She also told me everyone at her center got to play with it, and she was in love with it!

Also hopefully this can be used for a 1 year agreement, thinking of only getting the one year because not sure if I want to pay for the data plan that long.
    11-18-08 09:29 AM
    I'm not due for my NE2 until 1/28/09. If I called the number from the first page, what are the chances that I'll get this deal on the phone?
    11-18-08 09:52 AM
    I'm not due for my NE2 until 1/28/09. If I called the number from the first page, what are the chances that I'll get this deal on the phone?
    very good chance 99%

11-18-08 10:01 AM
    Same boat. Except I got the flyer that said both my lines are now eligible for 2-year pricing. Wondering if I call, if I could combine that with this new $100 (should they accept it)?

Too many scenarios!!
    11-18-08 10:07 AM
100 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD