i ordered my storm monday 12/1 and go the email about processing etc saying it will process in 2-3 days, but never got an email about shipment or anything. then today i notice that my credit card has been billed. would verizon bill the credit card before they actually shipped the device??
    12-05-08 11:29 AM
    Probably not. I ordered last Friday (28th), charged my card on Monday, but didn't ship till yesterday. I should be getting it today.
    12-05-08 11:31 AM
    Did you get at tracking number. I am not sure if thet would charge you before they ship.
    12-05-08 11:31 AM
    Edit: I meant yes, they will bill you before shipping.
    12-05-08 11:32 AM
    i ordered my storm monday 12/1 and go the email about processing etc saying it will process in 2-3 days, but never got an email about shipment or anything. then today i notice that my credit card has been billed. would verizon bill the credit card before they actually shipped the device??
    yes this is what theyve been doing. i ordered mine in store on the 30th and the charge was pending the next day then cleared on the 2nd.
    Probably not. I ordered last Friday (28th), charged my card on Monday, but didn't ship till yesterday. I should be getting it today.
    where are you located and how did you order?
    located in Rhode Island, and ordered online. i think that is total BS if they would in fact charge before the item is shipped. every other store out there doesn't charge until the merch is shipped....ugh
    12-05-08 11:34 AM
    well verizon is in fact charging before being shipped
    12-05-08 11:35 AM
    where are you located and how did you order?
    I ordered online, I'm in Colorado.
    12-05-08 11:37 AM
    You can check your order status online, through "myverizon"... Will tell you if it's and I also believe you get a tracking # once it actually does ship. I ordered mine last night, hopefully get it by next week. A friend of mine ordered it this past saturday 11/29... and got it on tuesday morning 12/2. Even though the rep had said that he may have to wait till 12/15. I think that is VZW just covering their rears incase "something" happens.
    12-05-08 11:37 AM
    ya when i check it still says the same thing as it has since day one

"Order Status: Your order has been processed. You should receive your order within 2 - 3 business days."
    12-05-08 01:03 PM
    Have you tried calling cs with your order # to get an update?
    12-05-08 01:18 PM
    located in Rhode Island, and ordered online. i think that is total BS if they would in fact charge before the item is shipped. every other store out there doesn't charge until the merch is shipped....ugh
    That's not true. If I order something from Walmart.com right now, I will see a pending charge and it probably won't ship for a day or 2. Wouldn't make too much sense to ship before it is charged. They have to verify funds are avaible before they can process your order. Only way for a merchant to do that is to initiate payment. I don't see what the problem is anyway. When you place an order for something you should act as if the funds have been taken out whether they were or not. Either way you'll get your phone.
    12-05-08 01:45 PM
    sorry, i guess i never ordered from walmart.com......but i have however ordered from many other sites and they always say, if the item is backordered or whatever, "your will not be charged for your item until it is ready to ship" or something along those lines.
    12-05-08 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD