I just want to know if anyone has used THIS STYLE MOUNT?

Did it work with a storm? Seller says yes, but no pics exist.

And no, I do not want a bracketron.
    02-18-09 09:44 AM
    I dont think it will work. That model Blackberry, which I have in front of me, has a groove on the top that this mount clips into. The Storm does not have this groove, so I dont believe this mount will work. Especially if you have any type of case/skin.
    02-18-09 09:51 AM
    I think some people are using the mount for the Iphone. It holds the phone from the 4 corners and allows access to all the side keys.

Bob
    02-18-09 10:49 AM
    I dont think it will work. That model Blackberry, which I have in front of me, has a groove on the top that this mount clips into. The Storm does not have this groove, so I dont believe this mount will work. Especially if you have any type of case/skin.
    From what I see that top clip goes over the top of the phone, it does not clip into a grove on the top. Hard to tell from that tiny pic.

So, nobody here has used one or even seen it in the wild?
    02-18-09 10:59 AM
    I would use the goose neck that attached to the passenger seat bolt like the above. I had one for my GPS and it was constantly dropping down and such and I would have to make an adjustment.

I use something like this:

Amazon.com: Belkin TuneDok Cupholder for iPod (White): Electronics

Its not that exact one since thats made for an iPod but you get the point. It works great in my 04 Monte Carlo. It may not be so great if you have akward placed cup holders.
    02-18-09 11:06 AM
    I got this same style car mount from verizon ... Its pretty similar to what you posted

02-18-09 11:13 AM
    Lol. That is tremedously big and ugly.
    02-18-09 11:27 AM
    I got this same style car mount from verizon ... Its pretty similar to what you posted

I have had a squeeze type on another phone, not going to do that again. I dont want side buttons covered or pressed by the mount.

Here is a better pic of the mount in question.

My other option is this, straight outa Hong Kong. $26 shipped!
    But, I cant use a glass mount, puts it to far away from the user. The floor mount will probably mount to the front of the dash somewhere, since it is a commercial truck I can just drill n bolt.

02-18-09 11:29 AM
    Verizon carries a mount that is only $19.99. I have it . It's no too big. has a long bendable goose neck/suction cup. Can be used in portrait and landscape modes. Works for me.
    02-18-09 11:31 AM
    Verizon carries a mount that is only $19.99. I have it . It's no too big. has a long bendable goose neck/suction cup. Can be used in portrait and landscape modes. Works for me.
    What mount? The mount that I am asking about in the original thread?
    02-18-09 01:22 PM

I have Verizon's also. Glass mount holds phone by the side and works well. Charging port still available. They also make a vent version. Braketron also makes several types that work well.
    02-18-09 01:33 PM
    02-18-09 03:25 PM
    This is pointless, does anybody actually read anything anymore?

I really do not care about glass mounts, vent mounts, or even squeeze mounts. They may work great for you but I am not asking about those.
    02-18-09 03:28 PM
    Looks nice, but it will not work with any type of case or cover from the looks of it. I guess if you work in an office all day it may be a player, but my storm needs armor.

I ordered the one I was initially asking about, when I get it I will post up pics and info.
    02-18-09 03:29 PM
    I have it, it works good. The arm is not as tight as I would have liked but it installs easy and it does its job. It a little tight with a hard skin but it still works.
    02-18-09 05:45 PM
    The floor mount one mounts to a seat bolt or to the floor if you want a permanent mount.
    02-18-09 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD