I am not eligible for my upgrade to the Storm until 1/09. I am not ashamed to say that I am not a patient person . But after looking through some of the forums a lot of people have recommended Wirefly.com. Has anyone had any experience with Wirefly.com? I don't understand why I can get a storm for $299 and Verizon won't budge with me.

I would appreciate any feedback on wirefly.com
    11-18-08 03:06 PM
    I bought my 8700g awhile ago off of wirefly.com. Got it for free actually. I also recommended it to a friend that ordered a Dash(WM phone) from there. Both experiences were great. Didn't take more than 2-3 days to get the phone. Prices are always somehow cheaper too. I don't know how they do it.
    11-18-08 03:15 PM
    I had pretty much the same experience when I switched to Verizon from Sprint about 4 years ago. Phone came in like 4 days, but I lived in quite the rural area, so it was expected. Great pricing and communication though!
    11-18-08 03:18 PM
    I was actually going to order with them and did post them on here but then i found Best buy will upgrade for 20 bucks cheaper so im going with them

Welcome to our Wireless World
    11-18-08 03:20 PM
    For upgrading thru them I lose $150+. Now with VZW I save $150
    11-18-08 03:23 PM
    I was actually going to order with them and did post them on here but then i found Best buy will upgrade for 20 bucks cheaper so im going with them

Wow ... that's a better offer than last night from what I see. Last night only dealt with having a NEW account

Attachment 6043

The link you provided is more expensive but seems to mean that ANYONE can extend the contract and get a much less than retail price.

Attachment 6044
    11-18-08 03:29 PM
    How do you know its gonna be cheaper than wirefly? Its not even on their site yet.
    11-18-08 03:32 PM
    There price for the storm is 539.99, isnt retail at the store like 529.99??
    11-18-08 03:33 PM
    lol thats what im hoping for cyber, if you read the small print on the left there are some things needed for early upgrade but bottom line is up to verizon themself so im crossing my fingers.
    How do you know its gonna be cheaper than wirefly? Its not even on their site yet.
    It sure is.

Verizon cell phones - the biggest selection of free Verizon Wireless phones.

Click on the link in my first post
    11-18-08 03:34 PM
    Click on the link in my first post
    No link in your first post, but I got you covered
    11-18-08 03:41 PM
    ... seems to mean that ANYONE can extend the contract and get a much less than retail price.
    yep, I got too excited before reading the fine print:

Q. Am I eligible for a contract extension?
    A. Not all existing Verizon Wireless customers qualify for contract extensions. Verizon Wireless alone sets threshold rules as to who is eligible for a contract extension, as follows:

- You must be at least 11 months into your 1 year contract, or 22 months into your 2 year contract
    - Your account must be in good financial standing and without late fees
    - You agree to extend your contract 24 months from the end of your existing contract
    - If you extend your contract length on a family plan for a single phone, all lines of service will be extended to the new contract end date of the upgraded phone line
    that's basically what Verizon is saying. I really can't believe how VZW is shafting long term users that have been upgrading along the way as needed. Seems we'd be the best marketing tool they have.
    11-18-08 03:41 PM
    No link in your first post, but I got you covered
    Thanks dream but im talking about best buy not wirefly. Are you really not seeing a link, if not check out cyber rangers posts his has pictures
    11-18-08 03:49 PM
    The funny thing about the 22 month thing is that we can use the NE2 and save $50 or $100 at the 20 month mark on top of getting the phone at the promotional price.

So how does that work for 2 year customers if we would have used our NE2 and gotten the phone cheaper 2 months earlier?

I ordered here to and I'm not up until 1/28 so I'm hoping it somehow gets through too!

Here's to crazy release day account system overload to let me sneak through!
    Last edited by Zipster; 11-18-08 at 03:54 PM.
    11-18-08 03:50 PM
    I ordered mine thru wirefly I paid 169 total for 2 year contract I should get the phone monday also ported #
    11-18-08 03:56 PM

I just realized those two ads (the BestBuy and the WireFly) are the SAME ad ... expect WireFly is $20 more. Both still have the terms about being 10 months/22 months into the contract to be eligible.
    11-18-08 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD