Pictures speak for themselves...additionally the top right corner does not click

Last edited by handscreate; 11-19-09 at 06:38 AM.
    11-19-09 06:31 AM
    That is ridiculous! Where did you get that POS?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 06:39 AM
    I'm not a fan of the Storm, but WOW!!
    11-19-09 06:50 AM
    Wow... Send it back lol
    11-19-09 06:53 AM
    my 5th or 6th FRU came with touch screen not working at all straight out of the box....they replaced it and gave me a free S2.....
    11-19-09 07:05 AM
    That's ridiculous. Where was that one made?
    11-19-09 07:57 AM
    Looks to be a really bad refurb.
    11-19-09 08:13 AM
    Here is your chance man...lol. Wine, complain, talk about how you feel let down by VZW. They will probablt come off of an S2 or a DROID if you do it right...lol
    11-19-09 08:22 AM
    Send those pics to verizon do not pass go do not collect $200. Do not send the phone back until you get a free upgrade to the phone of your choice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 08:52 AM
    wow crazy send it bck asap
    11-19-09 10:46 AM
    OP is trolling.

He obviously dropped it.
    11-19-09 02:54 PM
    I believe it...not the first time we've heard of people getting busted up "refurbs." I'm still really confused by this though because most companies actually refurb their products and hand test them. In many cases they are actually better than new when done. We've seen time and time again that this does not apply to VZW and BlackBerrys. It seems they just send them out however they came in...Crazy!
    11-19-09 03:33 PM
    Not buying what OP is selling....
    11-19-09 03:34 PM
    I'll vouch for broke arse refurbs. Got two of 'em myself. Not that they were nearly as bad as what the OP's pictures showed, but they were terrible. I tried to get a refurb because my Storm would reset itself once a day. So they sent me one phone, that had more dust than my current Storm, bowed casing, chips and cracks everywhere. I sent it back...they sent me another, same damm thing. It was flippin' ridiculous. Seriously, in 11 months, my Storm still looks brand spankin' new compared to that utter garbage they sent me. Thankfully, my Storm quit rebooting when the 5.0 update rolled around.
    11-19-09 04:35 PM
    Yes, i have seen refurb storms where the parts are broken off as well
    11-19-09 04:50 PM
    I dont belive this. VZW would never send out a phone that bad
    11-19-09 04:55 PM
    woww,,,,thats crazyyy LOL
    11-19-09 04:57 PM
    WOW!!! That actually looks like the one I sent back some time ago!! And the one I was sent is going back because the camera is screwed up... can't wait to see what I get next!!
    11-19-09 05:02 PM
    I cant believe some of the "refurbs" "like new" bs people are getting. This is disgusting. Do you think this is a VZW issue? or a RIM issue? I dont know who does the refurbishing

but either way, that sucks man nothing like getting excited about a new piece of hardware to get a killer let down like that.
    11-19-09 05:11 PM
    Either he dropped it or Ace Ventura delivered it
    11-19-09 05:20 PM
    I believe the ins company is Assurian (sp.) so they would be the ones to blame not Verizon - but I have never seen anything remotely that bad on anyone elses return....if theres a prob it's usually an internal issue, so.........hmmmm
    11-19-09 05:29 PM
    OP is trolling.

He obviously dropped it.
    This is how the device arrived. Went straight from my front door to my desk, where the box was opened & these photos were taken. But thanks for the assumption that I would come on here and lie about this. Great faith in humanity I see...

Not buying what OP is selling....
    Great cuz I'm not selling anything. Just posting photos for the CB world to see

I dont belive this. VZW would never send out a phone that bad
    Everyone always says "photos or it didn't happen/doesn't exist. Now here they are and there's still nay-sayers...can't win 'em all I guess...

I cant believe some of the "refurbs" "like new" bs people are getting. This is disgusting. Do you think this is a VZW issue? or a RIM issue? I dont know who does the refurbishing

but either way, that sucks man nothing like getting excited about a new piece of hardware to get a killer let down like that.
    I don't know who is responsible for refurbishing these devices, but this is far from the 1st time I've had a device arrive from VZW in less than acceptable condition.

I have spoken to several VZW reps, supervisors, and techs who have all been less than helpful in acquiring a properly functioning device. I'm convinced the tech I spoke to last night about all of this was a robot, as he seemed to provide the same exact response to every question I asked him. His response: "VZW will provide a replacement, like-new device, per the manufacturers warranty, that I guarantee will work. Should you have any issues with it, you can always send it back and we'll send you another"

The tech seemed surprised that a refurb would arrive in this condition, and immediately told me to file a claim with FedEx, even though I had informed the tech that the shipping box itself did not appear to have any visible damage to it. Seems VZW wants to make an insurance claim for a defective device they sent out....interesting...

It is by far the WORST refurb I have EVER received from VZW, smart or dumb phone included.
    11-19-09 05:47 PM
    No. and would be flying to a store returning it, not posting pics of it.
    11-19-09 05:51 PM
    Either he dropped it or Ace Ventura delivered it
    Neither. But had Ace delivered it, man, that would've been awesome!

I believe the ins company is Assurian (sp.) so they would be the ones to blame not Verizon - but I have never seen anything remotely that bad on anyone elses return....if theres a prob it's usually an internal issue, so.........hmmmm
    It's not an insurance replacement device. The device is being replaced under the manufacturers original warranty, for being defective. Unless Assurian provides these devices, they have no part in this. In all my years as a VZW customer, I have NEVER seen a replacement "Certified Like New Replacement" device arrive in this condition.
    11-19-09 05:53 PM
    Its common knowledge at VZW customer service that RIM is sending out defective certified like new replacement units. I was told that on numerous occasions when talking to customer service about my Storm. The supervisor that I spoke to on the last call told me that RIM can't keep up with the demand for certified like new replacement units so they have lowered their quality standards and are pumping phones out as fast as they can.

The last certified like new replacement unit that Verizon tried to give me, when they opened the box up, they discovered that the screen wasn't attached to the phone, and the body of the phone was all scratched up.

That was when I decided that I'm done with RIM.
    11-19-09 06:55 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD