Just wondering how many people have returned their storm 9530 due to issues with the alerts/tones not working properly for sms, mms, e-mail, facebook, etc....any app or all apps? If so...was the problem solved?? Did you just do an upgrade?? Battery pulls?? Please give feedback...tell your story. Thanks to all.
    02-20-09 08:16 PM
    No because its a bug in .75, from what I've experienced, and can only be solved if you upgrade to a leaked OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 08:57 PM
    I have that same problem with my Storm but it doesnt bother me enough to take it back. Now if the phone had other issues I'd take it back in a minute
    02-20-09 10:22 PM
    Let me just start off by saying i HATE the storm and wish that I never got one! The hype was ridiculous... its the worst phone I ever had!!!! And would never tell anyone to get one!

02-20-09 11:09 PM
    Let me just start off by saying i HATE the storm and wish that I never got one! The hype was ridiculous... its the worst phone I ever had!!!! And would never tell anyone to get one!

O_o;;

10 chars.
    02-20-09 11:16 PM
    I want to thank everyone so far for the input...keep it comming. I'm starting to think about doing the leak. I was against it since I got the storm but, the alert issue
    Is driving me nuts. I really need to hear it when I'm not wearing it so...os upgrade?? Will I or won't I?
    02-21-09 03:11 AM
    Running .99 still have problem the phone really is a unfinished POS at this point
    02-21-09 06:58 AM
    I want to thank everyone so far for the input...keep it comming. I'm starting to think about doing the leak. I was against it since I got the storm but, the alert issue
    Is driving me nuts. I really need to hear it when I'm not wearing it so...os upgrade?? Will I or won't I?
    I've used every leak so far except for the hybrids (I haven't used any of those). I love verision .103. So far I think it's the best blend of speed and stability. I haven't done a battery pull for 6 days now and it's still going strong. The free memory fluctuates from 18 to 24 throughout the day. I have and use lots of apps. Including weatherbug. I do not use Viigo as I had nothing but problems with it. I uninstalled it. Much later, after one of their updates, I tried to install it again. The entire rest of the day I had major problems: reboots, lagging, freezing. I uninstalled it and haven't had those problems again.

Go for .103. It's a world of difference from what you're on now. and you can always go back if you don't like it after a fair trial of a couple days.
    02-21-09 09:28 AM
    Thanks bobaloo...I keep hearing more good than bad about .103...I guess I need to work up the courage to do the change. I think that's the only way I'm gonna know for sure. Thanks again.
    02-21-09 12:10 PM
    For a newbie here what is .103?
    02-21-09 01:11 PM
    It's the latest in a long line of leaked, very unofficial firmwares for the Storm. You could think of it like a service pack for windows... usually no major operating changes but a ton of bug fixes.. hopefully. Sometimes they can be more buggy than the original stuff though.
    02-21-09 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD