I haven't gotten mine yet & I am reading about SO many problems!
    If you are returning it, will you be requesting another one?
    11-30-08 06:28 PM
    i am going to exchange it due to a dead pixel and its not clicking well. After the .75 update... IM DEFINITELY keeping a storm. its not perfect but im definitely happy with it.
    11-30-08 06:30 PM
    Ghost, you are the first person to mention it, but I have a dead pixel too, I wonder if they will replace it because of that, it doesn't bother me enough to do it right now, and its annoying because of the amount of people I already have on my BB messenger...
    11-30-08 06:34 PM
    A guy I know is returning his because answering/ending calls is impossible

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-08 06:35 PM
    It sucks! By every measure. I was SO disappointed...I've been waiting for months. Couldn't believe it when the Verizon rep called to say mine was finally in. After 24 hours, I couldn't return it fast enough. The happiest part of my weekend was getting my 8703b reactivated. The Storm is definitely NOT a case of newer model is better. Too bad. Really bummed me out. If you do try it out, I submit you'll be disappointed too (I tell you, I would be the first one to sing it praises...I LOVE BlackBerry, but the screwed the pooch with this model).
    11-30-08 06:36 PM
    It sucks! By every measure. I was SO disappointed...I've been waiting for months. Couldn't believe it when the Verizon rep called to say mine was finally in. After 24 hours, I couldn't return it fast enough. The happiest part of my weekend was getting my 8703b reactivated. The Storm is definitely NOT a case of newer model is better. Too bad. Really bummed me out. If you do try it out, I submit you'll be disappointed too (I tell you, I would be the first one to sing it praises...I LOVE BlackBerry, but the screwed the pooch with this model).
    I wouldnt listen to this at all. Especially after the .75 update
    11-30-08 06:39 PM
    Did the update and still reboots all on its own. I have ordered a replacement. If I continue to have problems after I get the new one and update to latest software, I am done with the Storm and will go back to my pearl til they fix the storm correctly.
    11-30-08 06:44 PM
    what is the .75 update?
    11-30-08 07:11 PM
    what is the .75 update?
    The best thing to ever happen to storm owners lol

11-30-08 07:17 PM
    I'm most likely returning mine and going to exchange it for a Curve w/ a 1 year contract. I have a ATT Curve for work and I like it much better. I just wish I could actually use the GPS on it.
    11-30-08 07:23 PM
    yep I got rid of mine. After 9 days of trying to figure it out and adjust to all of the problems I finally took it back today and the gave me all my $$$$$$$ in about 2 minutes. Customer service at VZN knew the product was bad and did not argue try to keep me. So its back to the 8830..yey
    11-30-08 07:32 PM
    What make me curious is, there have been multiple rumors of OS updates and today we learn that .75 (.76 is coming according to BGR) which by all accounts have fixed many of the issues and then factor in to that VZW give you 30 days to return the device. Why would you return your phone without waiting ? that just makes me ask...

Also imtoddp I am using a 8330 and 8703e I don't see how reactivating the 8703b is a good thing... there is nothing good about that phone unless you really like the track wheel or the really crap (lack of functionality) 4.2.1 OS - but thats just me.

I say wait for the update if you haven't got it before 28 days return it and move on, but don't rush back just because of a bad release... otherwise you may regret it - just my opinion.
    11-30-08 07:59 PM
    pma, They did not argue with you cause they have a 30 trial stop adding ketchup to your hot dog so it taste better buddy. Its funny that you returned so fast that you haven't change your profile and that goes for you too imtoddp.
    11-30-08 08:08 PM
    The best thing to ever happen to storm owners lol

OK but what is it, how do you do it and what does it do...to anyone that can answer Thank you!
    11-30-08 08:25 PM
    Personally, I think the individuals who are returning their Storms and who are complaining are just ppl with no patience nor adaptibility.

Unless you were an IPhone user, there is definitely an adjustment period that is necessary to get used to a phone that is almost a pure touchscreen. It's obviously going to feel awkward at first and for an individual to just blame it on the phone right away is quite ignorant.

You went out and bought the phone because of its novelty; it's supposed to be different at first.

My question is: what were these people expecting from the Storm when they first bought it? If you were so happy with your old BBerry's why did you switch?

Ignorance is bliss i suppose
    12-07-08 10:31 AM
    I'm most likely returning mine and going to exchange it for a Curve w/ a 1 year contract. I have a ATT Curve for work and I like it much better. I just wish I could actually use the GPS on it.
    Are you talking about using GPS on the VZW curve? They actually unlocked it with the 4.5 update. Works fine on mine.
    12-07-08 10:40 AM
    Yes but merely a swap since the only issue I have is clicking in the bottom corners, nothing major, it clicks ok but if I'm paying for it I want it to work as advertised.
    12-07-08 10:42 AM
    I just wish I could actually use the GPS on it.
    You CAN use GPS on the Storm. Its not locked and works fine.
    Google Maps doesn't work because of a problem with Google.
    12-07-08 10:45 AM
    Jenn:
    It is an update to the operating system for the Storm. It comes with version .65 and the update is .75. Very easy to do once you have the phone. Takes about 20 minutes.

I love my storm. Got it on the morning of the release date. Its my first smart phone, so I had a big learning curve, but after a couple of weeks, I can't imagine not having it. It's just my personal opinion, but I think some of the few people who have returned the phone did not give it much of a chance. It's a touch phone, so it's quite a bit different than a normal phone. But, believe me. Once you get the hang of it, it's a kick! I just spent 5 days on vacation in Florida with it and never once missed my laptop!
    12-07-08 10:49 AM
    I've had mine since November 28. Only problem I've had is the screen clicking issue which I fixed with a business card. My phone is working flawless everywhere so I have no reason to return it.

12-07-08 10:56 AM
    Only problem I've had is the screen clicking issue which I fixed with a business card.
    You should consider doing the torx T6 fix on the screen. It really works!
    12-07-08 10:57 AM
    I was considering returning my storm and just going back to using my pearl. However, I added a line to my family plan to get the storm at $199. If I return the storm will I be stuck with the extra line?
    12-07-08 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD