Has anyone actually gotten a perfect screen protector on there phone without the damn bubbles it's impossible!

Heres a look at my failed attempt

Post your failed attempts with pictures
    Last edited by Brandon9530storm; 02-19-09 at 02:53 PM.
    02-19-09 02:48 PM
    first try, still on the first VZW screen protector, not bad for $9.99
    02-19-09 02:49 PM
    Does the verizon one come precut?

I cut my own and got close.....just not close enough. Fine for using up my spares but prefer the perfect fit ;0)

Maybe I should let them do it at Verizon. They probably have more practice...
    02-19-09 02:55 PM
    I got a good one from Seidio. But they even warn that you must be careful to avoid bubbles. I cleaned my Storm screen really well with a dry washcloth to get all the fingerprints off of the screen, and most of the dust. That screen protector uses adhesive, and once the dust is gone, You just line up the edge of the side that you've peeled the protective backing from, and press it evenly against the screen using a credit card edge. As long as the dust is gone, and you're careful working the protector down, the air bubbles should all but be gone. I have one tiny one, but it's on the black edge of the screen off of the part that displays. the corners have tiny ones too, but it's not peeling off of the phone at all.
    02-19-09 02:58 PM
    Mine came with one already installed on the screen. It had one bubble on the bottom right, which I was able to push out.
    02-19-09 02:59 PM
    Go naked. The price is right and no bubbles

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 03:01 PM
    First try with Verizon screen protecter that they gave me with the phone...no bubbles.

i guess it can be done.
    02-19-09 03:01 PM
    This might not be much help but I got mine from Best Buy. It's about $20 and it's precut. They give you an squegee and applicator spray. It's very effective. I just wish I could give you the name. Comes in a black and red box!
    02-19-09 03:04 PM
    The Verizon screen protector(s) are great. They come in a 3 pack, and are pre-cut to fit the storm exactly. Still on my 1st one.
    02-19-09 03:05 PM
    The perfect screen protector is no screen protector for the storm. Its glass the worst thing you can do to it is crack it which no screen protector will prevent anyway. There was a thread on there showing someone taking a knife to his storms screen and nothing happened to it. Ive even tried it myself. No scratches.
    02-19-09 03:10 PM
    TIP:

If you use the VZW screen protectors...

they come with a small cloth to clean the screen off before application. After wiping the screen down with it, wrap it over the edge of a credit card and then smooth the edges. it will keep you from knicking up an already applied protector like I did while trying to smooth it out.

works like a charm
    02-19-09 03:12 PM
    This might not be much help but I got mine from Best Buy. It's about $20 and it's precut. They give you an squegee and applicator spray. It's very effective. I just wish I could give you the name. Comes in a black and red box!
    applicator spray...???

um, wouldn't that go into the phone
    02-19-09 03:12 PM
    I used the one that came with my phone up until a week ago, and I have had it since the release date. I didn't have a problem putting a new one on
    02-19-09 03:13 PM
    He came up with the idea for his iphone and it works great on the BB Storm.
    02-19-09 03:14 PM
    Has anyone actually gotten a perfect screen protector on there phone without the damn bubbles it's impossible!

Heres a look at my failed attempt

Post your failed attempts with pictures
    I still have the one that came on the phone from the first day I bought it on the release date.
    02-19-09 03:19 PM
    I have no bubbles on my PhantomSkinz protector but there are weird imperfections in it. I ordered another set thinking I did it to them myself but no, it's definitely not me.
    02-19-09 03:21 PM
    You dont need a screen protector with the Storm. It is very hard to scratch in the first place. Just for fun bring a pocket knife into your local VZW store and try to scratch the screen.
    02-19-09 03:25 PM
    i still have my 1st screen protector...but i didnt put it on they did it for me at the store =]
    02-19-09 03:27 PM
    i'm pretty sure the storm's screen is plastic rather than glass.

anyway, i usually have great success installing screen protectors on my various lcd screens. here's my method:

items needed:

large microfiber cleaning cloth
    can of compressed air
    air purifier or some type of filtration unit in the house
    quiet room with no running kids, wife, etc

1. prepare surface of lcd with microfiber cloth. get it perfectly clean.
    2. get the protector ready, i.e. remove the sticky side.
    3. holding the protector carefully in one hand, use the compressed air to blow the final specs of dust away from the screen
    4. immediately start applying the protector. holding the edges, my method is to apply to the long section of a rectangular lcd screen, top to bottom. move slowly but deliberately. before you get too far, check to make sure you have the protector aligned precisely with the screen. if it's not aligned, don't be afraid to pull it up again, shoot the screen with canned air and start again (for me this is by far the hardest step)
    5. as you work your way to the bottom of the rectangle, make sure there are no bubbles. if you see any, massage them out as you go in the direction you're applying the protector. this is the critical step. i've seen lots of people say to use a credit card or other device to squeegee the bubbles out after the fact, but imo that does not work well. do it as you go along and you'll be fine
    6. once you get to the bottom, you should have no air bubbles. if you see any that you missed or you werent able to massage out, you'll need to pull it up and reapply.
    02-19-09 03:29 PM
    I haven't been able to after six tries

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 03:30 PM
    I wouldn't have anything else. I had one on my Voyager before and now my Storm. Easy to put on, no bubbles, nice screen. Follow the instructions to get it right.

w w w .zagg.com/invisibleshield/blackberry-storm-9500-9530-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php
    02-19-09 03:33 PM
    make it slightly damp and use a squeegee... it makes all the difference int he world.
    02-19-09 03:45 PM
    I've still got the VzW protector on. When I first got it, it had a few bubbles, but they were easy to get rid of.
    02-19-09 04:12 PM
    Big fan of the best skins. Had them for my Q, 8703, Curve and now Storm (also use it on my ipod). The quality matches and/or exceeds Zagg, only IMHO, much easier to install, as you have more of an opportunity to "move" them to where you want them (as they don't use "spray" and you have almost ZERO time to position them properly) AND they are half the cost of pretty much anything out there.

I will admit that the 1st time I put them on, it was a learning curve as they recommend using "soap water", but if you follow the directions, like anything (because no one ever wants to read directions anymore) you are golden.

Their website is just like the title. Good luck.
    02-19-09 05:02 PM
    isn't the screen scratch proof?
    02-19-09 05:32 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD