I just received my Storm in the mail today... happy day! I'm having some issues with tethering though. I have no problem paying for the service, but I can't download VZAccess manager for my MacBook running 10.5. First of all, the only device I can download it for is the Motorola Q, and when I do download it it won't even open the disk image.

I've searched and found plenty of threads about tethering via Bluetooth. Isn't that slower and also aren't many people doing that as a way of circumventing additional charges? I don't want a 3rd party app or some workaround... I just want to connect via USB! Am I completely lost or just making myself look like a total fool? Any help?
    12-03-08 03:13 PM
    Can you answer a question for me what exactly is tethering? I want to be sure I don't do it at all
    12-03-08 03:18 PM
    Tethering is using your device as a modem for a computer to gain internet access from.
    12-03-08 04:02 PM
    Ah I see. Well unless I did the vzaccess I don't think I'd have that. Altho, I did think about using it as a modem lol
    12-03-08 04:03 PM
    there was a white verizon CD that came in the box. It's on there. It works on Leopard.
    12-03-08 04:05 PM
    I downloaded the Mac version for the Motorola Q and had no issues installing it. It worked perfect with my 8830 and my Storm.
    12-03-08 04:37 PM
    you don't have bluetooth? It is very easy via bluetooth but I am almost positive it works close to the same way.
    12-03-08 04:39 PM
    you don't have bluetooth? It is very easy via bluetooth but I am almost positive it works close to the same way.
    Bluetooth isn't as fast as USB.
    12-03-08 04:58 PM
    I actually didn't get a CD or instruction manual. I am working on a program where I am a brand ambassador for the Blackberry Storm and just received a Storm and a charger. Can I download the material anywhere online?
    EDIT: I have been able to Tether via Bluetooth, but is that slower than directly tethering via USB?
    Last edited by 2A_Batterie; 12-04-08 at 09:46 AM.
    12-03-08 07:31 PM
    there was a white verizon CD that came in the box. It's on there. It works on Leopard.
    Will this CD allow me to move music and pics to my storm?
    12-03-08 07:41 PM
    no...but i have found if you are just moving files over (not syncing) it's actually easier to drag and drop. When you plug it in, it mounts 2 storage drives. One more the 1gb internal, one for the 8 gb card. It already has the folders preloaded. Just drag your stuff over. If you want to have separate folders, just create them.

Supposedly, their a mac version in the works scheduled for early next year.
    12-04-08 03:06 AM
    Moving music and movies is not a problem for me. Bluetooth connection works fine too. How the heck do I tether using usb though?!?! It's driving me nuts. I've tried downloading the Q driver from the VzW page, but OS X keeps telling me that there is an error with the disk image that was downloaded. Any help at all??
    12-04-08 12:01 PM
    If you are looking to use it as a bluetooth modem, you might be surprised at how fast it is! I am using my Curve (waiting on my storm ) as a bluetooth modem almost daily for my macbook, and it's really fast - I'm constantly amazed.

As far as syncing your data and files to the blackberry- you can do that via USB. There's a great program out from MarkSpace called The Missing Sync for Blackberry and it puts PocketMac to shame. Well worth the money.

Also - just an FYI - I have my 8330 Curve tethered as a bluetooth modem to my mac with no additional software needed - there is actually a profile for it built in to the Mac OS. You can find directions on the web pretty easily, which I think you said you already have. Anytime I can do something natively in the OS without loading a 3rd party app, that makes me happy!

I hope this helps you somewhat! I always thought bluetooth was slower too, and I know that it is - but I'm really impressed with how good it works as a tethered modem.
    12-04-08 12:20 PM
    So I got the VZAccess disk image file to open. However, I can't get through the setup assistant, as the program won't recognize my BBS when I attach it via USB. My battery is showing now indication of being charged when I connect to my Mac, but my Mac desktop shows Blackberry 1 and Blackberry 2 Disks (since I have it in mass storage mode). I fooled around with disabling mass storage mode and bluetooth etc. to no avail. Any ideas what gives now?
    12-04-08 01:02 PM
    For anyone having trouble or need a tutorial, go here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/tet...acbook-118442/
    12-24-08 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD