Is there a way to do a hard reset on the storm other than pulling the battery?

I know if you can power down, but this seems more like sleep mode than full reboot.

Thanks
    06-28-09 04:43 PM
    You are correct that the power down is a sleep mode.

There are several addon applications out there that will simulate a battery pull. One of which is called QuickPull. Do a search on the forums for it to locate it. Hope this helps!
    06-28-09 04:48 PM
    Or you could download quickpull. It simulates a battery pull without actually pulling the battery. I'm not sure but I think using a program is considered a soft reset and pulling tje battery is a hard reset. If I'm wrong I wouldn't mind knowing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-09 04:48 PM
    As far as I am aware, QuickPull is a hard reset for the most part. The only thing I can figure that would not be the same as pulling the battery would be the fact that the memory does not have a chance to clear itself in the same way as pulling the battery. I believe that is the only difference.

Anyone else have any thoughts?
    06-28-09 04:53 PM
    i'm interested in the specifics of this as well...
    07-02-09 04:09 PM
    As far as I am aware, QuickPull is a hard reset for the most part. The only thing I can figure that would not be the same as pulling the battery would be the fact that the memory does not have a chance to clear itself in the same way as pulling the battery. I believe that is the only difference.

I'm pretty sure memory still clears just as it would when doing a battery pull...
    07-02-09 04:38 PM

- sigh -

QuickPull, SoftReset, and any other app which reboots the device are SOFT resets not HARD resets. For most purposes a soft reset is adequate, but it is possible that the hardware can be put into a state where a hard reset, that is a battery pull, is needed. As far as what gets handled differently that is something only RIM and perhaps Qualcomm know. I do know that certain portions of the hardware are NOT reset with SoftReset.
    07-02-09 06:47 PM
    QuickPull app does the same thing that pulling your battery does.
    07-02-09 07:05 PM
    They should just make a button or button combo that resets the device.

07-03-09 12:00 AM
    They should just make a button or button combo that resets the device.

you could install one of the apps (quickpull) and assign a convenience key to it
    07-03-09 12:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD