How do you do a Master reset? The Lady at Verizon said you can do one on the Storm.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 03-26-09 at 10:27 PM.
    03-26-09 01:22 PM
    you mean a battery pull ?
    03-26-09 01:26 PM
    Take battery out for 30 sec
    03-26-09 01:42 PM
    The answer is in the Blackberry Knowledge Base.
    Look for article KB02141 on the Blackberry web site

Since your are NOT going to do the search
    here is the link ...

View Document
    03-26-09 02:13 PM
    Take battery out for 30 sec
    There is such a thing as a hard reset it will erase everything in the phone including contacts and put it back to factory defaults. Then you have to do a backup from the desktop.
    03-26-09 10:13 PM
    Here is a link telling the differences between the different types of resets...

View Document
    03-26-09 10:18 PM
    Here is a link telling the differences between the different types of resets...

View Document

Thanks, I guess I mean Master Reset and the Verizon Lady said it can be done on the Storm.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 03-26-09 at 10:38 PM.
    03-26-09 10:21 PM
    There is such a thing as a hard reset it will erase everything in the phone including contacts and put it back to factory defaults. Then you have to do a backup from the desktop.
    Ahhh..you wanted to do a "wipe handset"

Option > Security Options > General Settings > Menu > Wipe Handset
    03-26-09 10:34 PM
    Ahhh..you wanted to do a "wipe handset"

Option > Security Options > General Settings > Menu > Wipe Handset
    Once again a GENIUS!
    03-26-09 10:39 PM
    i was wondering about this too... so if i have a leaked OS on the storm, do i have to bring it to verizon OS before doing a wipe, or if I do it with the leaked OS, once i do the wipe will it still b running with the leaked OS or will it reset to official OS from Verizon? Also, if i back up just my contacts through DM, after i do the wipe, i'll be able to reinstall all the contacts?
    Last edited by tvith; 03-26-09 at 10:45 PM.
    03-26-09 10:41 PM
    No you don't have to downgrade the software in order to do the wipehandheld. Yes you will be able to reinstall all the contacts as long as you back them all up first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 10:44 PM
    i was wondering about this too... so if i have a leaked OS on the storm, do i have to bring it to verizon OS before doing a wipe, or if I do it with the leaked OS, once i do the wipe will it still b running with the leaked OS or will it reset to official OS from Verizon? Also, if i back up just my contacts through DM, after i do the wipe, i'll be able to reinstall all the contacts?
    If you do a "wipe handset" it just erase all your contacts/apps that is on the phone. It DOES NOT revert back to the original .75 OS. The leak OS is still there.

Now if you wanna do a complete wipe of the phone..OS and all..then you gotta use JL Cmder..here's the instructions

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/
    Last edited by JupiterJazz; 03-26-09 at 11:06 PM.
    03-26-09 11:04 PM
    with a battery pull you cant go wrong
    03-26-09 11:17 PM
    ok guys, here's my prob now... I did the "wipe handset" and before doing so i did back up the phone, but now when i connect it to DM, the phone isn't being recognized. On the DM, where it's suppose to show the pin it has it as none.

Also on the phone i went to Options --> Security Options --> General Setting and in the area where it says "services:" it's stating "*** no services ***" any clue how to fix this? I'm able to make and receive calls, am receiving e-mails.

I've been messing around with it for 1/2hr and haven't figured out the problem
    03-27-09 12:07 AM
    nm. I reinstalled DM and did another wipe (exactly the same as the one i did prior to it) and now it's working.
    03-27-09 12:43 AM
    Uninstall DM and reinstall it
    03-27-09 12:43 AM
    Do a Diagnostics Test on your phone..just to make sure things are running correctly

Options>Mobile Network>BB Key>Diagnostics Test>BB key> Run

(Thanks pk)
    03-27-09 12:46 AM
    Do a Diagnostics Test on your phone..just to make sure things are running correctly

Options>Mobile Network>BB Key>Diagnostics Test>BB key> Run

(Thanks pk)
    O wow, that's awesome...didn't know we could do that. THis is my first BB, had it since dec, so i'm still learning new things with BB. **BTW, everything came out as "YES" during the test. THanks

Also, q'stion... in the Option>Mobile Network can i change the "Network Technology" from Global (default) to 1XEV, or should i leave it as is?

THank u so much for all ur help
    03-27-09 08:19 PM
    It will save a little bit of battery if you change it to 1xEV.

Basically 1xEV is Verizon's CDMA network. The only reason you would have it on global is to allow the phone to be able to roam on a GSM network if there is no CDMA network available. So, if you are in the States, you can just leave it on 1xEV.
    03-27-09 08:21 PM
    that's wat i figured, wasn't sure...thanks.
    03-28-09 03:33 PM
    good info. maybe PM a mod with this thread to copy into a "how to" or tutorial sticky or something?
    03-28-09 03:48 PM
    Must be transitioning from a Treo. Ah, "soft reset" and "hard reset" times have gone to "battery pull" "quickpull" days.

* By the way, I personally haven't had to any battery pulls.
    03-28-09 05:20 PM
    okay, im confused on two different things,
    i have a unlocked blackberry storm (verizon).
    If i do either a wipe-handset or a master reset would that lock back the sim card slot therefore would not be able to use my At&t with the Blackberry storm?
    04-16-09 01:50 AM
    Wipe handset just erased everything on your phone..phonebook, apps etc.....has nothing to do with unlock
    04-16-09 02:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD