Hello,

I've had my Storm for a while now, I've used various leaks, officials and hybrids on it and never had a problem...

Well, last night my handset speaker apparently died. It recognizes and switches between Earphone and Handset mode when I plug in my earphones. It works fine on Speaker, but there is absolutely no sound at all coming from the Handset mode speaker.

It was working fine last night, I went to bed tonight, got up this morning, tried to place a call... I could hear the call audio playing behind a heavy crackling sound, then it just went dead. Since then, I've had no sound what so ever coming from the Handset speaker.

So, is there anything I can try before I have to go buy a new phone? (Apparently I'm outside of 30 days so they won't just give me a new one, and I don't have insurance) I really don't want to pay full retail price for a new phone, but a phone that can't make calls is pretty much useless to me.
    08-21-09 06:20 AM
    Hello,

I've had my Storm for a while now, I've used various leaks, officials and hybrids on it and never had a problem...

Well, last night my handset speaker apparently died. It recognizes and switches between Earphone and Handset mode when I plug in my earphones. It works fine on Speaker, but there is absolutely no sound at all coming from the Handset mode speaker.

It was working fine last night, I went to bed tonight, got up this morning, tried to place a call... I could hear the call audio playing behind a heavy crackling sound, then it just went dead. Since then, I've had no sound what so ever coming from the Handset speaker.

So, is there anything I can try before I have to go buy a new phone? (Apparently I'm outside of 30 days so they won't just give me a new one, and I don't have insurance) I really don't want to pay full retail price for a new phone, but a phone that can't make calls is pretty much useless to me.
    Just to make sure it isn't still stuck on headphone mode do me a favor. Take a Q Tip, remove the cotton from one end and put it in the ear jack. This will unstick it if somehow you are stuck in headset mode.

Your phone's warranty goes beyond 30 days. That is Verizon's trial period. I think the phone itself has a 1 year warranty or at least 90 days. Call Verizon if the above method doesn't work and tell them what happened. They should at least offer a refurb.
    08-21-09 07:22 AM
    Nothing from the Q-tip.

However, I tested again as I was walking into the mall where my local Verizon store is... No sound from the handset. Get into the Verizon store, sign in for a technical troubleshooting thing on their kiosk, wait about 20 minutes, talk to the guy about what happened... Go to check it out, and the speaker works fine.

They said since they can't replicate the problem they can't do a replacement or anything, but bring it back if it does it again.

Hopefully it won't cut out anymore.
    08-22-09 05:59 PM
    there is a one year warranty from the manufacutrer.
    08-22-09 06:20 PM
    I bought a brand new storm, speaker went after 2 weeks.(never dropped)

Sent me a refurb which the screen click was horrible, same with 3rd replacement.

Just switched to diff phone.
    08-22-09 06:51 PM
    I bought a brand new storm, speaker went after 2 weeks.(never dropped)

Sent me a refurb which the screen click was horrible, same with 3rd replacement.

Just switched to diff phone.
    you could of used the torx fix to adjust the screen click
    08-22-09 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD