After 4 months of owning the storm, I just wanted to share my thoughts; After having a couple of exchanges, I finally get a storm which works perfect.....at least I think, so! I've had handhelds Made in Canada(they were okay, minimal problems, Made in Mexico, these have to be the worst! The majority of the exchanges, were the ones made in Mexico;:mad and now my last, was Made in Hungary. I have to honestly say....no issues with the led indicator light, battery, clicking, freezing, rebooting, screen wobble, memory leak, or even keys popping off! It's unbelievable that out of all the storms I had, the best one and problem free, is the one made in Hungary. I can't explain it, why RIM decides to make the storm in 3 different countries. Does anyone else feel the same or have a handheld made in hungary? And which one, if you did exchange, was the best performer for you?

Thanks!
    03-13-09 07:50 PM
    Mine was made in mexico and I have no problems whatsoever

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 07:53 PM
    I am just glad you spelled Hungary right.
    03-13-09 07:54 PM
    I had 7 RMA's before I finally got a good working one from Canada.. I found 4 / 5 of the BB storms from Mexico had a screen issue (extremely dim), and / or clicking issues with the screen.

My original one from Canada worked fine until the end button popped off.
    03-13-09 07:55 PM
    Mine was made in mexico and I have no problems whatsoever

You are one of the lucky ones...but check your memory, see if its leaking.
    03-13-09 07:56 PM
    I also have one Made in Hungary and I have barely had any problems with it despite all the Beta OSs I use, most of the problems I have seen here in the forums I don't have with my Storm So mabey it really is where ya from and not where ya at
    03-13-09 07:59 PM
    I had 7 RMA's before I finally got a good working one from Canada.. I found 4 / 5 of the BB storms from Mexico had a screen issue (extremely dim), and / or clicking issues with the screen.

My original one from Canada worked fine until the end button popped off.
    ...and the ones made in mexico felt like the screen was going to come right off. a lot of play with the screen.
    03-13-09 08:00 PM
    I also have one Made in Hungary and I have barely had any problems with it despite all the Beta OSs I use, most of the problems I have seen here in the forums I don't have with my Storm So mabey it really is where ya from and not where ya at
    I agree! I believe where its made will tell the story.
    03-13-09 08:06 PM
    Mine's from Mexico too. I haven't had any problems with it. The screen doesn't have a lot of "play" either. my memory is at 32 mb. but idk if that's good bad or what.
    03-13-09 08:54 PM
    Just got my Storm replaced yesterday. First was made in Mexico experienced issues with the screen and cracking noise with pressing down.

This one made in Hungary born Mar 6th. So far working perfectly.
    03-13-09 08:57 PM
    I've had all 3 countries. Mexico was the best by far. Then hungary then canada.

03-13-09 09:09 PM
    Canada was first run.
    Mexico was second run.
    Hungary was third run.

Might have something to do with it.
    03-13-09 09:13 PM
    Mine was made in Hungary and is great. GC OS will make it perfect.
    03-13-09 09:19 PM
    Second storm now. First one was made in Mexico and had a bleeding screen this one was born in Hungary on January 30th and is 1000 times better! Works great!

03-13-09 09:40 PM
    When you live in Vermont...VZW gives you units from Canada...
    03-13-09 10:05 PM
    Mine was made in Hungary and is great. GC OS will make it perfect.
    I agree; for some reason, I feel the one made in Hungary is way better!
    03-13-09 11:22 PM
    I got a replacement phone as mine was Lost/stolen and replaced with insurance.Still has a small problem with the edges not giving a good click but rest of the phone works okay. Where is that T-6 torx wrench

George
    03-13-09 11:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD