Ok guys, I'm making another post in regards to this post:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/qui...n-guys-165254/

If you've read all of that then I'm making this new post to tell you that I ended up calling Verizon and telling them that the lock button on my phone isnt working. She said to take it to a store, let them trouble shoot it, told her that I had.

She said since I had, that she would send me a "Refurb Storm" and I then asked if it would work properly, she said yes, it should work properly but if it doesnt, then If I had at least 2 phones, or refurb phones within 90 days then I could be eligable for a new phone other than a Storm.

So I said "If the refurb Storm doesnt work, I can get a Curve?" She then proceeded to say yes. So we'll see how this works. Just hope the OS on the refurb doesnt suck, which I'm sure it'll be .75.

Although I dont have insurance she never said anything about it, no questions asked, never asked If I have worked on it, so I never told her about trying to changed the Silver Bezel around it...lol.
    02-21-09 01:38 PM
    Ok guys, I'm making another post in regards to this post:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/qui...n-guys-165254/

If you've read all of that then I'm making this new post to tell you that I ended up calling Verizon and telling them that the lock button on my phone isnt working. She said to take it to a store, let them trouble shoot it, told her that I had.

She said since I had, that she would send me a "Refurb Storm" and I then asked if it would work properly, she said yes, it should work properly but if it doesnt, then If I had at least 2 phones, or refurb phones within 90 days then I could be eligable for a new phone other than a Storm.

So I said "If the refurb Storm doesnt work, I can get a Curve?" She then proceeded to say yes. So we'll see how this works. Just hope the OS on the refurb doesnt suck, which I'm sure it'll be .75.

Although I dont have insurance she never said anything about it, no questions asked, never asked If I have worked on it, so I never told her about trying to changed the Silver Bezel around it...lol.
    Yeah? Well when they get the device back and see that you have tampered with it, it will probably be a different story. If you have violated the warranty you will be stuck with the device or paying out of your pocket for the new one. Be prepared.
    If you tried to change out the bezel then yes you have violated the warranty and they can make you pay for it. As it's not Verizon's fault the device doesn't work properly anymore.
    02-21-09 02:51 PM
    those guys don't know their arses from their elbows

you'll be fine
    02-21-09 03:15 PM
    You jacked with the phone yourself and now you want VZW to cover the costs?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 03:20 PM
    real smart to post that in here
    none of the verizon reps will see it though
    don't worry it will be fine
    02-21-09 03:24 PM
    real smart to post that in here
    none of the verizon reps will see it though
    don't worry it will be fine
    Yeah, because they can tell who this person is among the other billion interweb people.

I'm not condoning what this person is doing, just saying... I don't see any identifying details on their profile.
    02-21-09 03:41 PM
    Yeah, because they can tell who this person is among the other billion interweb people.

I'm not condoning what this person is doing, just saying... I don't see any identifying details on their profile.
    wouldn't be all that hard look at his info
    Upstate, SC that narrowed it down a lot
    a memo sent to all the stores in that area to watch for a flakey storm from a 25 year old
    02-21-09 03:47 PM
    wouldn't be all that hard look at his info
    Upstate, SC that narrowed it down a lot
    a memo sent to all the stores in that area to watch for a flakey storm from a 25 year old
    Umm, yeah, VZW is sending a unit out. He's already "allegedly" taken it into a store. Come on, do you honestly think VZW reps are going to go to those lengths over a $200 phone?
    02-21-09 03:54 PM
    Umm, yeah, VZW is sending a unit out. He's already "allegedly" taken it into a store. Come on, do you honestly think VZW reps are going to go to those lengths over a $200 phone?
    you know yourself there's always that one "do gooder in the bunch" people have been grabbed for a lot less fraud is fraud

200.00 with contract 500.00 retail
    grant theift !!
    Last edited by dumbdumbtwo; 02-21-09 at 03:59 PM.
    02-21-09 03:57 PM
    Ah, but in reality he is a she, from southern N.C. rather than S.C. and 52 not 25...she knew she would need to be incognito to ever pull something like this off.
    02-21-09 04:00 PM
    It's all circumstantial.

Oh wait, I think I heard the black helicopters landing now to confiscate this guy's PC to verify that he in fact is linked to the username in question. Hey OP, I hope you're warming up those electro magnets now. Time's running out!
    02-21-09 04:02 PM
    how about the rep he talked to could be on here ?????

very possible !!! and already has he or she's name and now knows the truth possible ????
    02-21-09 04:05 PM
    All I have is one word --- karma
    02-21-09 04:11 PM
    It's all circumstantial.

Oh wait, I think I heard the black helicopters landing now to confiscate this guy's PC to verify that he in fact is linked to the username in question. Hey OP, I hope you're warming up those electro magnets now. Time's running out!
    hahahahaha I agree with everyone who says you have nothing to worry about. there are a lot of factors that would have to go into this guy getting in trouble the rep has to see this post then care enough to give himself more work and put the notice out there then whoever sees the phone has to care enough to give it to whoever to get the guys in trouble da dada dada... It just won't happen. There are a lot of lazy people out there.
    02-21-09 04:42 PM
    Turns out, I spoke with a lady on the phone with VZW and she says that when FedEx delievers it, just tell them to send it back.

So I'll just keep this one, try to fix it or sell it to someone that knows about the problem.

I do have 100% on eBay. I wouldnt lie to anyone about it guys, just an error in judgement.

I can still lock the phone, just having to use the left side key and to unlock just hold the end call button for a few seconds.

But thanks for the responses guys.
    02-21-09 05:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD