Ok, so the release of the BB Storm is coming soon (but not soon enough). With a release date close to christmas shopping/black friday and prices of other phones in the same class (iPhone 3G, T-Mobile G1) we can safely assume that the unlocked price is going to be $600+. But what about with a contract?

The iPhone starts at $199 for the 8GB model and T-Mobile's G1 is going for $179.99 ($148.88 for Wal-Mart shoppers). So we can also assume it's not the price won't be too far off from these prices.

Also, with Vodafone's new plans on the Storm, well... I, myself, don't know what to make out of it. 1 year contract for about $485 (�300 for you english redcoats), 18 months and 2 year contracts for free. I mean that says a lot but considering the structure and how they sell phones over in europe, I don't know what to make of it other than RIM or at least the providers are going to push it as much as they can.

For me I'm hoping that Verizon will sell the BB Storm for around $100-175 w/ a 2 year contract. And since verizon doesn't sell BB without a data plan, another $20 or $30 (sorry, I forgot). What are your predictions/hopes with the Storm's price?
    11-01-08 07:13 PM
    We can safely assume that the unlocked price is going to be $600+? hahahaha. By unlocked I assume you mean retail, and by no means will this phone be more then $600 dollars.

For tail I'm guessing $550.
    2 year contract - $200 after $50 MIR.
    1 year contract - $299.
    11-01-08 07:16 PM

One Hundred Million Dollars
    11-01-08 07:17 PM
    Isin't there already a price thread you could have posted this in.... isin't there already a dozen other price guessing threads you could have just re-bumped up to the top? Personally I'm with JRSC. I hope it's one hundred million dollars!
    -Rik
    11-01-08 07:20 PM
    Lmfao. no no no wait.

Over 9,000! Dunno how many of you will remember this is, may be to old or to new for some hahah.
    11-01-08 07:27 PM
    11-01-08 07:33 PM
    Lmfao. no no no wait.

Over 9,000! Dunno how many of you will remember this is, may be to old or to new for some hahah.
    haha, poor vegeta... he could never surpass goku...
    11-01-08 07:37 PM
    $199...........
    11-01-08 08:47 PM
    is the big deal? gosh if you don't like the post is it that hard to just skip it? seriously? it seems all the post lately are people commenting on the fact that there is another post.

anyway.... I think in Canada the price will be 700! same as the Bold was for Rogers. only because they want all your pennies here. lol!

Isin't there already a price thread you could have posted this in.... isin't there already a dozen other price guessing threads you could have just re-bumped up to the top? Personally I'm with JRSC. I hope it's one hundred million dollars!
    -Rik
    11-01-08 09:00 PM
    $199...........
    so i guess it's 199 then...
    11-01-08 09:01 PM
    $199...........
    You are right about everything else, so this must be correct. Hopefully I can get a decent amount for my Pearl when the time comes!
    11-01-08 09:05 PM
    is the big deal? gosh if you don't like the post is it that hard to just skip it? seriously? it seems all the post lately are people commenting on the fact that there is another post.

You should read up on threadiquette 101.

1. Threads are started for many reasons. To inform. To ask questions. To provoke discussion on an issue or topic of interest. To debate. To explore. So we need to put the most thought into WHY we started a thread. Did we start it for any of these reasons. If not - why are we posting it at all? Think about why you are posting and give yourself an honest answer. Because if you can't come up with a good reason for making the post, people who read it probably won't either.

2. Thread titles are important. If people want to search for the subject matter then it really helps people find the thread again. Especially if there is new information to add, or they want to link to it in a tangential thread. So funny is good, sensational isn't bad, bizzare is okay, informative is excellent. Informative + any of the other things is probably the best there is. Keeping them reasonably short and to the point is an excellent idea as well. Remember, those with lower resolutions read this forum as well and borking their screen with huge strings of long titles isn't very nice. Shouting (using all capitals), also isn't considered very polite in thread titles, or in the bulk of your thread.

3. The OP, or opening post, is the most important post in any thread. It sets the tone of the thread, and is often the only thing people will read. This is unfortunate though. However the OP really can make or break a thread from the start.

4. Information without quoting sources is bad. That's even in the FAQ. Copy and paste is okay, but making sure you quote the link where the information came from is mandatory. That out of the way, if you are trying to discuss things, backing your arguments up with links for resources for those interested is a wonderful way of
    a. making yourself look smart
    b. giving people who are interested some things to look at they may not have seen before
    and c. giving weight to your argument (as well as making yourself look smart :P ).

5. Do use the forum search tool. Most active forums now days that move fast with topics. You will find that most likely what your thinking, there is a thread already created. If you find something very close to what your looking for or have a question about, then post in that thread. Reducing forum threads, helps out newer members and makes the forum less cluttered.

6. Do your research. Asking a question in the OP that can be simply googled for or wiki'd is a sure fire way of creating a thread that just makes you look dumb. If you don't understand what is coming up - then ask. But show that you have at least put a little effort into finding out yourself.

7. Don't make yourself look like a troll. But be aware of what you are posting and that there may be vehemently dissenting opinion.

Just my .02
    11-01-08 09:12 PM
    Yes but didn't Crucial also say the release date which is most likely wrong? (Nov 1-3?) Haha I guess that was just a guess and not a sure thing though. $199 does sound right.

BTW, Crucial, is .58 running smoother than .53? Just curious how it's progressing. I'm sure the programmers are hard at work on this thing.
    11-01-08 09:14 PM
    yester18, your post made me think about this old flash video.

Flash � Posting And You...

Should be required watching for any forum goer!
    11-01-08 09:18 PM
    i mean I don't get what you are posting I understand the rules and read them when I joined this site and also understand them. I was simply saying that NOONE including you can say that there is or is not a post done twice. unless you have been logged on long and have just read it. We always just post or ask something, if it has been done already fine so be it. Why would someone have to post a rude comment about it? just skip it. Maybe they didn't scan through a years worth of post to make sure there isnt a duplicate. my point was why complain just skip the post or tell the OP here's the link where others were asking the same thing.

You should read up on threadiquette 101.

1. Threads are started for many reasons. To inform. To ask questions. To provoke discussion on an issue or topic of interest. To debate. To explore. So we need to put the most thought into WHY we started a thread. Did we start it for any of these reasons. If not - why are we posting it at all? Think about why you are posting and give yourself an honest answer. Because if you can't come up with a good reason for making the post, people who read it probably won't either.

2. Thread titles are important. If people want to search for the subject matter then it really helps people find the thread again. Especially if there is new information to add, or they want to link to it in a tangential thread. So funny is good, sensational isn't bad, bizzare is okay, informative is excellent. Informative + any of the other things is probably the best there is. Keeping them reasonably short and to the point is an excellent idea as well. Remember, those with lower resolutions read this forum as well and borking their screen with huge strings of long titles isn't very nice. Shouting (using all capitals), also isn't considered very polite in thread titles, or in the bulk of your thread.

3. The OP, or opening post, is the most important post in any thread. It sets the tone of the thread, and is often the only thing people will read. This is unfortunate though. However the OP really can make or break a thread from the start.

4. Information without quoting sources is bad. That's even in the FAQ. Copy and paste is okay, but making sure you quote the link where the information came from is mandatory. That out of the way, if you are trying to discuss things, backing your arguments up with links for resources for those interested is a wonderful way of
    a. making yourself look smart
    b. giving people who are interested some things to look at they may not have seen before
    and c. giving weight to your argument (as well as making yourself look smart :P ).

5. Do use the forum search tool. Most active forums now days that move fast with topics. You will find that most likely what your thinking, there is a thread already created. If you find something very close to what your looking for or have a question about, then post in that thread. Reducing forum threads, helps out newer members and makes the forum less cluttered.

6. Do your research. Asking a question in the OP that can be simply googled for or wiki'd is a sure fire way of creating a thread that just makes you look dumb. If you don't understand what is coming up - then ask. But show that you have at least put a little effort into finding out yourself.

7. Don't make yourself look like a troll. But be aware of what you are posting and that there may be vehemently dissenting opinion.

Just my .02
    11-01-08 09:37 PM
    elevendy billion dollars
    11-01-08 10:49 PM
    might be worth checking the diff btwn 1 and 2 yrs so when storm 2 comes out I can upgrade with less hassle
    11-01-08 10:57 PM

For tail I'm guessing $550.
    2 year contract - $200 after $50 MIR.
    1 year contract - $299.
    Wow a $550.00 piece of tail thats gotta be some good tail
    11-01-08 11:22 PM
    Wow a $550.00 piece of tail thats gotta be some good tail
    Lmao I guess you could see what was on my mind when I typed that. Sorry Halloween is just an amazing excuse for girls to dress in lingerie. And lets say I was at a party all last night, and plan to be at another in a little. =)
    11-01-08 11:27 PM
    It's ok we know u work for VZW marketing and I know now I will never leave VZW they sell tail
    11-01-08 11:30 PM
    Wow... I really did not expect this feud between sarfrazfamily and yester18. I'd like to thank sarfrazfamily for "defending" me (?) and would like to apologize to yester18 for putting this thread up since it is quite similar to the pricing threads if not the very same thing.

But on that same note, while what I did was more or less a non-intended douchey thing to do, yester18, who made you king of BB forums? yes, I very much could/should have put this thread into another pricing thread, but who cares? people are going to post similar post as others.
    11-01-08 11:39 PM
    Wow... I really did not expect this feud between sarfrazfamily and yester18. I'd like to thank sarfrazfamily for "defending" me (?) and would like to apologize to yester18 for putting this thread up since it is quite similar to the pricing threads if not the very same thing.

But on that same note, while what I did was more or less a non-intended douchey thing to do, yester18, who made you king of BB forums? yes, I very much could/should have put this thread into another pricing thread, but who cares? people are going to post similar post as others.
    LMAO I never said I was king of anything.....

You say "Yes I could have posted this in the current thread" but then you say "Who cares"

That is one reason why we don't see eye to eye..... You don't care.....

Oh and you really didn't have to search for the thread it's stickied at the top of this forum section.....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bla...-thread-82781/

Oh and this is not BB Forums it's Crackberry.com their is a big difference.
    Last edited by yester18; 11-01-08 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Add on.
    11-01-08 11:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD