That's right, job aid photos have leaked! Not only does this version have HSPA/ 3G but it has Wifi aslo. Told you so!! Heres the link--> Storm 9520 And 3G Pearl 8200 Flip Heading To Rogers! | CrackBerry.com
    Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme; 01-02-09 at 09:11 AM.
    12-25-08 06:40 AM
    Nice. Good thing I don't need Wi-Fi (I always have my MacBook Pro handy).
    12-25-08 06:55 AM
    $199 ON 3YR. It's going to be sweet, and it will awful nice for those that like to use wifi.
    12-25-08 06:57 AM
    Nice. Does this mean it could be unlocked and moved to ATT?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-08 07:07 AM
    Nice. Does this mean it could be unlocked and moved to ATT?

Yes, and it will work on AT&T's 3G network.
    12-25-08 07:11 AM
    Indeed nice... I didn't think it was going to come out that fast... but other than marketing purposes, i don't get why they left out Wi-fi connection with the 9500. I hope I can buy it unlocked!
    12-25-08 07:34 AM
    Indeed nice... I didn't think it was going to come out that fast... but other than marketing purposes, i don't get why they left out Wi-fi connection with the 9500. I hope I can buy it unlocked!
    Because Verizon and Voda are one in the same. And Vzw didn't want it.

Now who's getting the 9520???
    12-25-08 07:36 AM
    so this the one youve been using for awhile?
    12-25-08 07:57 AM
    If this had worked on Verizon I'd be pissed but it won't so oh well. I'm not changing to att and the bad coverage they have in places I need it. Plus the retail on this is something I wouldn't pay since I got my storm for 100

12-25-08 07:58 AM
    Interesting. While I'm happy (apparently one of the few, hehe) with my Storm on Verizon, I know a few people for who this news will be *huge*! I'm also slightly encouraged, and correct me if I'm wrong, but the more Storm models that are out there should mean longer and better support for the OS, no? Since more people will be using it?
    12-25-08 09:08 AM
    i am going to be buying one unlocked. i want this damn phone ! lol
    12-25-08 09:15 AM
    Nice very nice. And I could care less how fast the Verizon people say EVDO Rev A is, they wish they could have wifi, and wish their Storm was as fast.
    We don't need no steenkin' wifi because we got the NETWORK!

12-25-08 09:16 AM
    Man I'm glad I got this phone on the first day...

..wheres Rogers anyways, in the south?? It's linked to AT&T I take it?
    12-25-08 09:17 AM
    Yeah, where is Rogers?
    12-25-08 09:23 AM
    i am going to be buying one unlocked. i want this damn phone ! lol
    It's going to be nice.

We don't need no steenkin' wifi because we got the NETWORK!

Yeah, ok sure. I guarantee you the 9520 on wifi will be a minimum of 2 times faster than your 9530. Also, Rogers HSPA, is already faster than EVDO Rev A. But wifi, just makes it worse.
    12-25-08 09:25 AM
    Ha...Rogers is in Canada...its like AT&T in Canada
    12-25-08 09:29 AM
    W T F !! Wi Fi

Why? Why?
    12-25-08 09:29 AM
    It's going to be nice.

Yeah, ok sure. I guarantee you the 9520 on wifi will be a minimum of 2 times faster than your 9530. Also, Rogers HSPA, is already faster than EVDO Rev A. But wifi, just makes it worse.
    wifi would be nice, but for me, i don't use any hotspots outside of my house.

would be nice if it was faster, but i won't shed any tears over it.

but seriously, the more models, the better b/c it will just increase user base and thus the production of more apps.

besides, it's called being a new adopter AND CX stated the GSM/wifi version a LOOOONNNGGGG time ago

DO RESEARCH PEOPLE!!

merry xmas to those who celebrate
    12-25-08 09:36 AM
    I've seen a lot of people saying wi-fi is no big deal and they don't need or want it. Have any of you saying this ever seen a comparison between 3g and wi-fi? I'm guessing not because wi-fi blows away any carriers network. Wi-fi should have been on the storm from the get go.

12-25-08 09:37 AM
    wifi would be nice, but for me, i don't use any hotspots outside of my house.

would be nice if it was faster, but i won't shed any tears over it.

but seriously, the more models, the better b/c it will just increase user base and thus the production of more apps.

besides, it's called being a new adopter AND CX stated the GSM/wifi version a LOOOONNNGGGG time ago

DO RESEARCH PEOPLE!!

merry xmas to those who celebrate

As I said before, the lack of Wifi is never a deal breaker for me. Is it a nice option to have? Sure. And we all know it's much faster than either AT&T or Verizon's 3G networks.

And yes Philly, this is good in regards to more people using the device, and better OS builds.
    12-25-08 09:43 AM
    You guys should listen to C_X. He knows. He said months ago that the Storm would have WiFi, LO, it has.

VErizon do not want ou to use WiFi. They want you to use their network which is very good but it is nowhere near a fast or as free as WiFi. Verizon is a CDMA network and most of the rest of the world is GSM so Verizon really has you locked in.
    12-25-08 09:43 AM
    Rodgers is in Canada
    12-25-08 09:46 AM
    Awesome. The 'Network' doesn't compare to WiFi, sorry. The 'Network' isn't even better than HSPA (faster plus simultaneous voice and data). Rejoice GSM users, don't you love getting every feature? (it still has GPS right?)

Last edited by avt123; 12-25-08 at 09:52 AM.
    12-25-08 09:47 AM
    I've seen a lot of people saying wi-fi is no big deal and they don't need or want it. Have any of you saying this ever seen a comparison between 3g and wi-fi? I'm guessing not because wi-fi blows away any carriers network. Wi-fi should have been on the storm from the get go.

voodoo, wifi is great, BUT, for us early adopters, wifi IS NOT A BIG DEAL b/c IF it was, we WOULD NOT have already gotten the phone. i for one, kno wifi is faster, but it didn't stop me from buying a phone WITHOUT wifi

As I said before, the lack of Wifi is never a deal breaker for me. Is it a nice option to have? Sure. And we all know it's much faster than either AT&T or Verizon's 3G networks.

And yes Philly, this is good in regards to more people using the device, and better OS builds.
    seriously. more users, more apps, more info, more knowledge
    12-25-08 09:55 AM
    Awesome. The 'Network' doesn't compare to WiFi, sorry. The 'Network' isn't even better than HSPA (faster plus simultaneous voice and data). Rejoice GSM users, don't you love getting every feature? (it still has GPS right?)

wifi speed>>>>>gsm 3g and evdo

wifi coverage <<<<< gsm or cdma coverage

it depends on ur usage. u may use wifi all the time, i'm on the go or at work quite a bit and have no wifi access.
    12-25-08 09:57 AM
1,178 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD