This problem just sprouted today. I've been sending pictures through MMS to non-BB parties just fine until now. All of a sudden, this afternoon, the whole "Where is the picture?---I already sent it---Well I didn't get it---ok I sent it again---Are you sure you sent it?" thing started. A couple of MMSes went through hours after being sent, but the majority of them have not.

I was also sent pictures as well, and at first I could not see them. I got a notification that said "Could not retrieve message content. Try again later." So far I have one picture that I can now view from the sender and one that still displays this message. Both were sent a while ago.

Next to all of my outgoing MMSes I usually have a check mark with a little D above it, which I'm assuming means the MMS got to its destination. Right now my outgoing MMSes have only check marks and the receiving party does not have the message on her end. The pictures in question have been small, like 37 KB, 15 KB, etc.

Soooo any ideas? I don't have a problem forwarding MMSes, but should I go through that forwarding MMS fix that I've seen in search results?

I upgraded my OS recently, if that means anything. I've also done two battery pulls today.
    Last edited by JLMitchell; 12-25-09 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something.
    12-25-09 07:04 PM
    More than likely Verizon is having some issues with that. Just like BB data network goes down sometimes and nothing works, those MMS servers sometimes have issues (either on your side or the receivers). Since you said they all showed as Delivered hrs later means that they are getting sent, just that they get stuck somewhere for a while before being delivered.
    12-25-09 07:37 PM
    Well, I had the Curve 8330 before my Storm, and it sent MMS worse than my Storm does. I can usually send MMS well to Verizon/Alltel customers (that's what i am of course) but AT&T especially I have had issues with. The only guaranteed way of knowing it got there is if the D pops up.
    Also, if you don't have IXEV signal, it usually won't send.
    12-25-09 09:53 PM
    I have this problem from time to time. Most of my friends and people I send MMS messages to have AT&T or TMobile and sometimes they get them almost instantly, sometimes hours later, or sometimes never. I've never had a problem with Verizon to Verizon. I'd have to say just mark it up as a network problem and not a device problem.
    12-26-09 02:14 AM
    Thanks y'all, didn't think about Verizon or T-Mobile being the problem. Everything seems fine today. I'll also keep that 1XEV thing in mind.
    12-26-09 02:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD