Thought I would finally make my first post after about a week of becoming a new BB user. I got my first BB last Saturday, and all I can say is that I love it!! I have never had a phone that was so much fun to use and "play with".

I have been reading all the posts I can about apps, how to set things up, and how to keep my BB running tip top. I even held my breath and installed 2 themes. Being a complete BB newbie, wasn't sure if I was going to tank the thing or not.

I do have one question about memory though. I found that my Application Memory seems to always be low. I did get MeterBerry to keep an eye on it. After using MB to do a reset, my application memory is only around 28mb. After a night of just sitting it drops into the mid to low teens. Is this normal? It seems to using a lot of memory for just sitting and doing nothing. Here is the list of what I have installed so far:

MeterBerry
    WeatherBug
    Pandora
    Shortcut for Weather Channel
    Shortcut for CNN
    Shortcut for local news station
    BlackBerry App World
    Google Maps
    Facebook
    Million Dollar Poker w/Gus Hanson
    Theme: BluBerry Today w/ WB and MB (currently active)
    Theme: BlackBerry Pro v3 Red - 4 button
    All the standard stuff that came on it when I got it

It doesn't seem to run any slower, but from other posts I have read it seems like using 100mb at startup seems like a lot. It doesn't seem to matter which theme I use either, still using about the same amount of app memory. Any help with my mem prob would be great.
    Last edited by pkcable; 06-05-09 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Made title descriptive
    06-05-09 07:48 AM
    Search is your friend. The info is out there. Welcome.
    06-05-09 07:52 AM
    Welcome to crackberry!
    06-05-09 09:13 AM
    Remember to ....(from our Forum Posting Rules)......

Use a Descriptive Title
    This rule is simple; help us to help you. When you create your thread / post, think of it as if 'somone else' is reading it. With that in mind, make your subject lines related to the content of your post. Having a subject line of 'help' or 'now what', will not really help others later when they do a search for a particular issue. So, try to be a little more creative. Example: “My Pearl will not show myFaves icons” or “How do I use BB Maps on my 8100”
    06-05-09 09:17 AM
    It doesn't seem to run any slower
    Exactly. 28MB is absolutely fine, don't worry about the people that have removed all the cool functionality from the phone so that they can have 60MB of free memory to do nothing with.
    06-05-09 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD