polling and what everybody thinks of the buttons on the face. after seeing people and the holster dilemma, i took a closer look at my buttons.

they seem to be a bit flimsy compare to the build quality of the rest of the phone.

i could see this possible catching if I say had it in my pocket on a seam or something and being really easily ripped out.
    11-21-08 09:06 AM
    polling and what everybody thinks of the buttons on the face. after seeing people and the holster dilemma, i took a closer look at my buttons.

they seem to be a bit flimsy compare to the build quality of the rest of the phone.

i could see this possible catching if I say had it in my pocket on a seam or something and being really easily ripped out.
    Yea I agree. Anyway to fix.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 05:41 PM
    Some early builds had messed up buttons. I know of a few people that have had there end button fall off. Haven't seen a green buttom off though but definitely possible.
    02-15-09 06:08 PM
    Yea it happens. Ddo you have an early build Storm, or a recent one? Newer ones seem to be more secure
    02-15-09 06:30 PM
    My green button is stuffed... It still works but part of the catch has broken and it's all wonky. Gonna get a replacement, but I'm gonna try and hole out til a new official OS is released.
    02-15-09 06:34 PM
    My green button came off today as I popped it into the holster it caught on the lip and just tore off. Where do I stand with getting it fixed/replaced by vodafone. I could glue it back myself but I'd rather get it done properly..

02-15-09 06:38 PM
    Its a release day 9500 btw..

02-15-09 06:39 PM
    I'm not familiar with Vodafone's policies, VZW has replaced them for this issue though.
    02-15-09 06:39 PM
    Take it in. I am sure they will do something to help you out.
    02-15-09 08:35 PM
    I have caught my buttons on a loose thread in my holster. I was lucky that I felt the resistance and stopped before I ripped them off. The plastic buttons are so flexible and I wonder why RIM opted for this type of configuration rather than four solid dedicated buttons.
    02-15-09 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD