I was just checking my email and found this little beauty waiting for me:

Hello Chris-

We are writing to inform you that we will be shipping out your replacement Molina Red Feather for BlackBerry Storm today. Your USPS tracking number is $%^&*((**^^%%(()*(^$ and can be tracked at USPS - The United States Postal Service (U.S. Postal Service). Please allow 5-7 business days for delivery. Once again, we truly appreciate your patience in this matter. We hope you enjoy your new case!

Have a great week!

Kind Regards,

Customer Service Team
    Incipio Technologies
    800-733-0088
    [email protected]

I had been holding out on a replacement from them until they released a newer version that is less likely to continue with the hairline crack problems. Their original estimate of 3-4 weeks before the product was finished was spot on. I looked through the forums and couldn't find any other Storm users reporting they had received any word from Incipio, so perhaps I'm the first. At any rate, my guess is it will arrive either Saturday or Monday as I live in NC and they ship from CA. If anybody receives one of the newer model replacements please do a comparison to the older one, if not I'll maker sure to write something up when it arrives. I'm stoked to see if it outperforms the original. IMO, this case is second to none in terms of sexiness and style on the Storm, if they can make it so the durability is on-par this case will be unstoppable.
    07-15-09 01:38 PM
    So, this is an "updated" version of the Feather?
    07-15-09 01:55 PM
    I had my feather replaced once due to some cracking and paint chipping issues, but the new one has held up strong so far. Are they sending replacements of this new version out to everyone who ordered the origional, or is this just a replacement of the older one?
    07-15-09 02:08 PM
    So, this is an "updated" version of the Feather?
    I purchased my Feather case a little over a month ago. It cracked within the first week. I emailed customer service and was told they were having a high return rate with similar issues, search the forums for a few minutes to see the proof. The told me they could either send me a new one or I could wait 3-4 weeks while they finish developing a newer version, I'm guessing just a new mix of materials for durability. I would think the case looks exactly the same but simply performs better.
    07-15-09 02:12 PM
    I had my feather replaced once due to some cracking and paint chipping issues, but the new one has held up strong so far. Are they sending replacements of this new version out to everyone who ordered the origional, or is this just a replacement of the older one?
    When did you get yours replaced originally? That would go a long way to determining whether you have the newer model or not. Once again, they were asking customers who were seeking replacements whether or not they wished to wait for the new version.
    07-15-09 02:15 PM
    I got notified that I had a new on on the way as well. I hope this one is better. I had one replaced and it cracked the first I removed ie...
    07-15-09 10:19 PM
    i have sent them 2 emails with pics of mine cracked and and have yet to get a reply not real happy with there cs. I bought two of these and both are cracked so as of right now im out 40 bucks this sucks.
    07-16-09 10:39 PM
    Well my replacement arrived as expected on Monday afternoon. I was as anxious this time around as I was when I first ordered the case. The case came in its factory packaging which looked identical to the original Feather and the case bared no marking or print which indicated the case had been redesigned. The case looks and feels exactly the same as the original and after holding both side by side it was near impossible to tell a physical difference. If I had to take a guess I would say that Incipio merely adjusted the chemical makeup of this case slightly to improve durability and flexibility.

The most important and amazing thing about my replacement case is what accompanied it though. I received a hand-written letter thanking me for my patience and notifying me that they had included a free cleaning kit for my entire phone, which was good for 3 uses. Incipio went above and beyond with their customer service. From start to finish they answered my original email regarding my case cracking on a Saturday afternoon within an hour, notified me they had a newer version in production and asked whether I would like the same case now or a new one in a few weeks, sent me a new one no questions asked and free of charge, it arrived on time and with all sorts of goodies to go with. I emailed them today thanking them for their service and purchased another feather in white. If anyone is skeptical of this company I can recommend how GREAT their service and products really are firsthand. Thank you Incipio for EVERYTHING!
    Last edited by AppStateAddict; 07-21-09 at 08:32 PM.
    07-21-09 08:30 PM
    i have sent them 2 emails with pics of mine cracked and and have yet to get a reply not real happy with there cs. I bought two of these and both are cracked so as of right now im out 40 bucks this sucks.
    It may be possible that their general customer service email box filtered your email especially since you attached a picture.

My first email was ignored as well (can't really say it was ignored unless we know for sure that somebody looked at it) so I gave them a call, and got the email address of the rep I was talking to and just forwarded the email again while I had her on the phone. She confirmed receipt and I had a replacement on the way same day.
    07-21-09 08:41 PM
    Well my replacement arrived as expected on Monday afternoon. I was as anxious this time around as I was when I first ordered the case. The case came in its factory packaging which looked identical to the original Feather and the case bared no marking or print which indicated the case had been redesigned. The case looks and feels exactly the same as the original and after holding both side by side it was near impossible to tell a physical difference. If I had to take a guess I would say that Incipio merely adjusted the chemical makeup of this case slightly to improve durability and flexibility.

The most important and amazing thing about my replacement case is what accompanied it though. I received a hand-written letter thanking me for my patience and notifying me that they had included a free cleaning kit for my entire phone, which was good for 3 uses. Incipio went above and beyond with their customer service. From start to finish they answered my original email regarding my case cracking on a Saturday afternoon within an hour, notified me they had a newer version in production and asked whether I would like the same case now or a new one in a few weeks, sent me a new one no questions asked and free of charge, it arrived on time and with all sorts of goodies to go with. I emailed them today thanking them for their service and purchased another feather in white. If anyone is skeptical of this company I can recommend how GREAT their service and products really are firsthand. Thank you Incipio for EVERYTHING!
    Which color did you get? I was told that only dark blue and red Feathers were having cracking issues and they redesigned those two. But they haven't changed the white and the black.

* I could be confused as to which colors were redesigned and which were not but I know for a fact that the dark blue was redesigned and white was not.

I had the dark blue and it cracked... I haven't requested my replacement yet because I'm too lazy to take it out and take pictures. Also, I'm confident that if I tried to get a replacement a year later for now, I wouldn't have any problems. So I'm just sticking with it for now.

But I had to have my Silicrylic replaced but I wanted a Feather instead because I can't use the Seidio cradle with the Silicrylic. The CSR was happy to replace my Silicrylic with the Feather and I received a white one. I haven't tried it yet but hopefully this one won't crack.
    07-21-09 08:48 PM
    Damn, I didn't get a cleaning kit...
    07-21-09 08:49 PM
    i cant even get them to reply to me i have sent them several emails with pics of both of mine being cracked and nothing. i even pm'd the rep that is a member on here and still nothing. needless to say i am pissed.
    07-21-09 08:59 PM
    I emailed their support today with pictures, within 4hrs I had a reply email apologizing for my issues with the case, letting me know they were out of the black cases but would be happy to replace it with another color if I'd like or I could be put on a backorder list. I replied I would like a blue one to replace my case. Three hours later I had a tracking number stating they JUST received a new shipment of black.

That is AMAZING CS if you ask me!
    07-21-09 09:29 PM
    I'm also very disappointed with the quality of this product. Less than 2 months owning one of the cases, and it has several cracks.
    07-21-09 09:29 PM
    Which color did you get? I was told that only dark blue and red Feathers were having cracking issues and they redesigned those two. But they haven't changed the white and the black.
    I had/have the red one, so that falls in line with what you're saying. But I can't understand how color could come into play in how a case holds up. I'm not calling you a liar but that is the first I have heard of that.
    07-21-09 09:40 PM
    i cant even get them to reply to me i have sent them several emails with pics of both of mine being cracked and nothing. i even pm'd the rep that is a member on here and still nothing. needless to say i am pissed.
    Something is falling through the cracks in this situation. I can assure you this is not normal operating procedure from them. As stated above, I had an issue on a Saturday, emailed them and was emailed back within the hour. Since it seems you have exhausted all other routes I would recommend calling them. Their CS phone number is 800-733-0088. I can honestly say I am blown away by the stark difference in my dealings with them and yours.
    07-21-09 09:42 PM
    The black ones crack just as well as the red ones.
    07-21-09 09:42 PM
    Damn, I didn't get a cleaning kit...
    HAHA Sorrrrrryyyyy! Maybe it was because I decided to wait for the new design which was on backorder! It's actually a nice little cleaning kit of two sets of wipes, six total they sent me. One is for cleaning and is a wet cloth. It cleans the whole device great! The second is a very unique-fibered polishing cloth and when it is all done my Storm looked straight out of the factory!
    07-21-09 09:45 PM
    Yeah, mine cracked, I emailed them a few pics, and I got my notice this week the new one has been shipped. I expect it here next week some time. I gotta say Ive been Very impressed with their customer service.
    07-24-09 02:25 PM
    I too had a Feather for two weeks and it started to crack. INCIPIO customer service was very responsive. Told me it would be two to three weeks until material upgraded cases were available. It is all colors, not just blue and red as mentioned above. As of last week the only upgraded cases available were red and dark blue. The black cases will be a couple of more weeks according to the CSR. My new blue Feather arrived a couple of days ago and it is obviously stronger and I think a bit more flexible which will reduce the cracking.

I had tried the Seidio 360, at almost double the price, while waiting for a new Feather. While it is a good case in many respects, the built in screen protector is a deal breaker. I do not believe it is possible to use this case without significant bubbles on the screen. They replaced mine once, no charge, but it wasn't any different. Back it went for full credit. My Storm with a Feather case and a screen protector put on perfectly by the "expert" at the Verizon Store, I can't put them om to save my soul, is the way to go.
    07-24-09 03:05 PM
    Do you mind posting a picture just for my amusement? I know you said it looks the same but I'm still curious. I was a huge Feather supporter from the beginning and I THINK I was the original person to post about the Storm version here, and neither of mine (purple and blue) has cracked but I'm still intrigued.
    07-24-09 03:13 PM
    Something is falling through the cracks in this situation. I can assure you this is not normal operating procedure from them. As stated above, I had an issue on a Saturday, emailed them and was emailed back within the hour. Since it seems you have exhausted all other routes I would recommend calling them. Their CS phone number is 800-733-0088. I can honestly say I am blown away by the stark difference in my dealings with them and yours.
    Well I finally got mine taken can of after i finally got to speak wiyh someone the process was quick and painless. Got my new ones in the mail today they even offered to send me a diff color if i wanted.
    07-29-09 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD