Doing battery pulls throughout eternity till it fixes itself...may have just found one.

I thought it MAY be an issue with communication with the mem card since that's what it always got stuck on. it seems as if booting just now with the memory card NOT in the device might have just fixed it afterall.

Can't run tests obviously but if yours freezes up try that and let me know how it goes.
    12-24-08 12:28 AM
    Doing battery pulls throughout eternity till it fixes itself...may have just found one.

I thought it MAY be an issue with communication with the mem card since that's what it always got stuck on. it seems as if booting just now with the memory card NOT in the device might have just fixed it afterall.

Can't run tests obviously but if yours freezes up try that and let me know how it goes.

Ok so Im not the only one thats getting this too. I was wondering if it was the Weatherbug Beta that was doing it but even without it, it still seems to do the same thing. Also noticed this OS tends to freeze alot......can anyone else confirm this?
    12-24-08 12:31 AM
    I still haven't had this happen *knock on wood*
    12-24-08 12:33 AM
    There was a whole thread devoted to this problem that seems to have fallen into disuse the past couple of days.
    12-24-08 12:38 AM
    I thought my problem was cured too. No logo for a couple days. Then, I got a phone call and BAM! The Verizon logo popped up. The funny thing is the call came through ok, I talked and I was able to end the call. The logo stayed on the screen the whole time.

Unfortunately, this was the last straw for me. I got tired of doing battery pulls and missing calls while waiting on the reboot. I returned the storm under the 30 day trial and I now own an iphone 3g and a bb curve for work.
    12-24-08 12:51 AM
    Happened to me on a restart after I deleted an app. Like everyone suggested just batt pulls till it fixed itself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-08 12:52 AM
    Make your mobile network Global instead of 1XEV... solved the problem for me.
    12-24-08 12:54 AM

What exactly is the problem? What does it do with the logo?
    12-24-08 12:55 AM
    What exactly is the problem? What does it do with the logo?
    you'll see the home screen for about 20 seconds then bam, Black page with "verizon wireless" logo.

I tried holding the power on off button and it brought me back and gave me the option to "hit any button to cancel" and i hit a button and it came back. not sure what causes it though.
    12-24-08 01:03 AM
    I've had to pull my memory card out while rebooting, then put it back in when it's fully started up or i get the Verizon screen every time.

This is the only problem I've had with .83 though.
    12-24-08 01:14 AM
    This only occurs for people who upgraded to the leaked .83. Downgrading the OS is the only true fix that has been found. Hopefully when the official OS is released the issue will be fixed.
    12-24-08 01:21 AM
    This only occurs for people who upgraded to the leaked .83. Downgrading the OS is the only true fix that has been found. Hopefully when the official OS is released the issue will be fixed.
    I guess I got a (secret) early version of .83 as I've had this issue for a couple weeks now and my phone still says .75.
    12-24-08 07:00 AM
    I've had to pull my memory card out while rebooting, then put it back in when it's fully started up or i get the Verizon screen every time.

This is the only problem I've had with .83 though.
    that fixed my problem too...then yesterday the logo came back and i ignored it cause i was sick of it...
    but a little while later i looked and my original wallpaper was back...wierd?
    there is some bugs, i guess it depends on the phone and how much patience you have to deal with it.
    12-24-08 07:35 AM
    eeeh just get a bold ...lol
    12-24-08 07:46 AM

Hi, I have noticed that that screen only occurs when the "validating security software" progress bar does not come up. I have a feeling its something to do with that...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-08 08:04 AM
    eeeh just get a bold ...lol
    I don't think that OP wants to downgrade just yet.
    12-24-08 08:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD