i did otha for bold but were do or how do i do the disable compatibility
    Options> Advanced options> Applications highlight gpsed hit the bb button choose disable compatibility mode. Note that after I did this I had to start the app in landscape mode or it will crash. Could be why they took the ota app off, hopefully they are fixing it.

Overall i still like this program, i tracked myself on a snowmobile trip last week and sent my location to a friend to make him jealous
    12-21-08 08:47 PM
    Does it have turn by turn.
    No it's not for directions, it tracks your position. You can then upload it and view it on Google earth, or other programs. Check out the website for more info.
    12-21-08 08:50 PM
    I went to GPSed.com and downloaded the version for the Bold, then I installed it on my Storm with DM. I disabled Comp Mode and it boots up and works just fine. Like was said before, the interface is obviously not designed for the touchscreen, but the functions are all still usable.

I started a track from my work to my home last night. It ended up being exactly 40 minutes. I would estimate that took about 25-30% of my battery, but that could be off, and dropped my app memory from ~38MB to ~36MB. My trip took me through a tunnel for 15 seconds, during which it lost contact for those 15 seconds (which is to be expected), but immediately reconnected to the satellites as soon as I exited the tunnel.

When I ended the track, I tried to upload the track to GPSed.com. The first time failed at about 54%. Since the track is stored on my SD card, I reselected it and uploaded it again, which took less than a minute. When I checked the website, the track loaded but was missing the last few miles. I uploaded a third time and the entire track was online, fully viewable on Google Maps. The track was pretty accurate, you can tell it interpolates between points on the highway, but I was surprised at its accuracy around highway cloverleafs, even tracking my car in the parking lot I started in. I'm sure the premium edition would have even better tracking.

Overall, the app did exactly as expected, hopefully they will release a Storm optimized version. I would like to see a big button for marking waypoints while tracking, or the ability to record speed at each interval and to see that information on the track (think a line that has a contour-like plot from red to blue showing a range of speeds).
    12-23-08 11:22 AM
    I played around with this yesterday and ended up removing it. It just not seem to want to upload tracks from my Storm running the .83 OS. Either the upload would quit before it was finished or the app would lock up and eventually crash. When in the track list, it was hard selecting between multiple saved tracks...no indication as to which track was selected.

It looked like something I'll be checking and purchasing when they come out with a Storm friendlier version though.
    12-24-08 10:55 AM
    How the heck is your altitude -4589 feet?
    12-24-08 11:03 AM
    Can someone post a link to a twitter that's used GPSed?
    05-08-09 12:54 PM
    I downloaded the Storm version today. I ran a quick test on my way home from work, the software only gave me a speed read out, Distance and Time never registered. Is this normal in the free version?
    05-08-09 03:59 PM
    Just downloaded this yesterday and it works perfectly on my Storm 9530. If you are curious about the OS I'm running its Lyricidal's .141/5.0.0.93 Hybrid.
    05-09-09 05:51 PM
    I just saw this on the appworld and loaded it this morning. It looks like it works fine but I'm having an issue with the "social network" feature. I entered all the proper credential for my facebook account but it comes back quickly with a "Authorization failed for social network" error. I can either skip or try to enter the login details again. Only way past this so far is to skip and not use that option. Other than that it looks cool.

Any ideas?
    05-29-09 11:53 AM
    I like using this tool but i've encountered a few problems.

1) i live in colorado, at around 5000ft, but the elevation always shows something negative. on the gpsed.com, there's a help file saying that you may show negative if you track near sea level, but nothing like this.

hygiene loop | Author Mangler1055 | free Mobile GPS Tracking Service
    Click on "More Info" to see the altitude problem.

2) like Yesterday's problem.. i've never gotten the app to successfully upload from the phone. i always have to move the gpsed file to my PC and upload via the webpage.

3) when i have no cell service, GPSed app can't get a GPS connection. maybe this is an issue with the phone in general. No GPS without cell service. ALthough that doesn't seem to make sense since it's a GPS we're dealing with here.

Anyone else have these problems? Solutions?

Thanks,
    Mangle
    06-03-09 05:31 PM
    To follow up on my 3rd question. i found this on the GPSed website:

But sometimes GPS receiver itself can wrongly obtain negative value of altitude comparative to sea level. For more accurate fixing position in 3D mode at least 4 satellites required. That�s why when connection to satellites is bad, GPS receiver can work in 2D mode obtaining wrong value of altitude (elevation). To fix it find open territory and wait for a least 4 satellites found. Or purchase high-end GPS receiver.
    Perhaps my Storm has never been fixed by 4 satellites. Does the Storm even allow for fix connection on 4 Satellites?
    06-03-09 05:42 PM
    3) when i have no cell service, GPSed app can't get a GPS connection. maybe this is an issue with the phone in general. No GPS without cell service. ALthough that doesn't seem to make sense since it's a GPS we're dealing with here.

Anyone else have these problems? Solutions?

Thanks,
    Mangle
    Don't have a solution for you but the Storm GPS generally gets a GPS connection without cell service. GPSLogger, for instance, works without cell service.
    06-03-09 05:46 PM
    Downloaded GPSed, it seems to be a poorly design app. A college student project? It requires a lot of work to be a product.

Their web site looks really cheap. It's scary to let them track my GPS location.
    Promptly deleted.

For the last 2 days I'm running simultaneously GPSED and GPSlogger. GPSEd is simpler and more user friendly. It imports very easy in Garmin's Mapsource or Google maps. Exporting to a gpx file is easier in GPSEd. Probably I'll keep it and delete GPSLogger. For those cheapies (we are most of the time), the GPSed website offers FREE "parking" to your lousy track, if you have any. The web site is well designed, intuitive and useful. Somebody over there is paying to store my tracks, and we are not even comrades or cousins.
    Your comment is poor and indicates you need more time to finish your "track" to maturity or intelligent status

Disclaimer: I have absolutely no connection with GPSed, I am just testing their FREE program.

Now I have a question: what is the max number of points GPSed will take? Let's say somebody drives 15 hrs nonstop across the country (the Storm is charged continuously). We are talking about a lot of points here. Can GPSDed handle this or maybe GPSLogger will do it?
    Last edited by pipino; 07-25-09 at 04:18 PM. Reason: clarity
    07-25-09 04:16 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD