Anyone ever get this on their Storm. Whats the difference between that and Edge. I have had it for most of the day today and havent seen it before.
    01-26-09 06:04 PM
    Its switching between this and edge all day.
    01-26-09 06:39 PM
    GPRS is the underlying network for data under EDGE. it is much slower and usually is seen when there is an issue with EDGE, or EDGE is unavailable.
    01-26-09 06:40 PM
    Let me google that for you

GPRS is the data transfer service for GSM networks. You can think of EDGE has a faster version of GPRS. Just a guess, but you might be in a region without EDGE, and thus are only picking up GPRS.
    01-26-09 06:41 PM

GPRS is the data transfer service for GSM networks. You can think of EDGE has a faster version of GPRS. Just a guess, but you might be in a region without EDGE, and thus are only picking up GPRS.

Sorry for asking a question. I was asking if anyones bold was showing up with it.
    01-26-09 06:43 PM
    Anyone ever get this on their Storm. Whats the difference between that and Edge. I have had it for most of the day today and havent seen it before.
    Sorry for asking a question. I was asking if anyones bold was showing up with it.
    No need to be sorry. And you were asking 1. what the difference was between EDGE and GPRS, and 2. on their Storm, not Bold.

I'm sure once you get back to an area with better AT&T coverage, your service will switch from GRPS back to EDGE.
    01-26-09 06:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD