View Poll Results: Why do you keep your Storm?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Think its a great phone, even with a few bugs.

41 61.19%
  • Think its an ok phone that will get better

16 23.88%
  • Think its a crappy phone that may improve...maybe

9 13.43%
  • Think its complete crap but I like to whine and this give me a forum!

1 1.49%
    Ok guys, I have been on this site for a few months now....hardly ever post. Have found tons of great info here but alot of negative people who love to complain and cry. That said here is the question:

In regards to the Storm, why are you keeping it? If you are with it for sometime and do nothing but say how much it sucks then why have it? I know this has been asked but I wanted to put a poll on it so here ya go.
    04-02-09 10:41 AM
    For me, I'm not going to throw away some $300 for an unlocked phone. Besides I actually do like the Storm even though it is my first BB.
    04-02-09 10:48 AM
    wow a whole 5 votes and not a single person knocking the device yet!!! wtf? trolls sleeping in today?
    04-02-09 10:57 AM
    wheres the "you bought it already and can't turn back until you get another free upgrade from vzw" button
    04-02-09 10:58 AM
    Not there cause if you bought from Verizon you got 30 days to give it back.
    04-02-09 11:03 AM
    +1 for pwning ignorance daily budman...
    04-02-09 11:05 AM
    Me? I'm one of the biggest bashers here...

It's the closest to a iPhone that I can get my hands on. I needed something to do email etc... I cannot get a iPhone because AT&T is THE worst service provider in my area...

Another reason why I keep the Storm, I have (had) HIGH hopes for it... But every "release" keep getting let down... I set my standards pretty low for RIM and the Storm and yet they keep falling short on even THOSE low expectations...

I live and work FAR from the Blue... ATT

Live in the purple and work on the outskirts of it... Verizon
    04-02-09 11:11 AM
    I ask myself the same ? This has the potential to be a great thread. At the least, a peak into
    The minds of winers. Omg, suddenly I'm afraid of this thread.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 11:13 AM
    Oh and by the way I have had a storm for months...just have not updated my device. Dont really post so have not noticed...will correct now.
    04-02-09 11:17 AM
    Should have let the userID's show ... just to prove who is who. I'll be forward and say that I'm all for the Storm, but specifically because it fits my needs - and I wanted a BB, with a big touchscreen. And, I have no problem hanging out, waiting for the GC.
    04-02-09 11:18 AM
    i have to stay on verizon. at&t phones dont even ring where i sit at work. the 9630 is still in the future. i was expecting better updates by now?
    04-02-09 11:18 AM
    Should have let the userID's show ... just to prove who is who. I'll be forward and say that I'm all for the Storm, but specifically because it fits my needs - and I wanted a BB, with a big touchscreen. And, I have no problem hanging out, waiting for the GC.
    I voted : Think its a crappy phone that may improve...maybe

There now you know...
    04-02-09 11:19 AM
    If I was unhappy with the phone, updates/info etc, and beyond my 30 days, I would bite the big one and return it for something else. I had planned to get a Curve when making the jump from Palm to BB because of the similarties and Verizon offered my company a demo deal to switch to Blackberry. I chose the Storm (paid and extra $30 company fee), because it was new, had features I was looking for, for work, and was interested in a touch screen device. Because sometimes I have a lot of down time bewteen assignments, I wanted something that leveled the business and entertainment field. The Storm does this and more.

The iPhone does not meet any of the requirements that I need first of all. Secondly, I work with 2 guys that own them. They constantly complain about everything from service to features. My brother has been an Apple guy for ever and strongly advised me not get one.

I guess I got lucky with this device. I have not experianced many of the problems people have posted here. Never performed a "pull" for anything but updating and the call quality is top notch. I have been a smartphone user since the 90's. The Storm hasn't been the best one I have owned, but I am very happy with it so far.
    Last edited by jbdale; 04-02-09 at 11:29 AM.
    04-02-09 11:26 AM
    Maybe I got lucky or something but I don't seem to have the problems a lot of complainers do. My Storm doesn't "crash". I've only been forced to do a couple battery pulls (I swap batteries with an external charger, so I actually do a battery pull every couple days on purpose). I don't have a click problem. Etc.

I never had or played with an iPhone so I can't compare it.
    I never had a Blackberry before, so I can't compare it to older models. I DID have a Palm Treo 700 as my last phone, so I can compare it to that, and it's 110% better. So maybe this is why I don't complain.
    04-02-09 11:27 AM
    I love verizon, and while the storm isn't the most reliable phone, it's the newest one on verizon and I wanted to try it out. I believe that eventually there will be enough updates to fix all the bugs that this phone has. Plus I need a blackberry until the 9630 comes out
    04-02-09 12:38 PM
    The answer is D.

Its the Blackberry type of person.
    Kinda like theres a typical Prius owner.

Ive been on the Treo forums for 5 years, I jump to this forum and its a rant and ***** session. Every thread.

It seems like the Storm is being compared to every other PDA type phone.
    But you cannot compare this to a Treo, Bold, Curve, or any other QWERTY keyboarded phone. Those are all designed to be one handed use. The Storm is in no way designed to be used by one hand.
    The comparison to an IPhone......., well, enough has been posted on that.
    04-02-09 01:12 PM
    I agree for the most part (" my post), but did you forget to vote? You'd be #1...
    04-02-09 01:21 PM
    Wow, I guess I must be the only person who doesn't have briefcases full of cash laying around to spend on ETF fees and new phones. Damn, you guys are lucky!!! During my 30 day trial I told Verizon I wasn't happy with the software and the rep said "oh don't worry, there is a software update a few weeks away, it will take care of all your concerns." Well, like and ***** I fell for it (got lied to) and that was back on January 8th. It's now the first week of April, still no new OS and still not a peep from RIM or VZW about when there will be one. I'm sorry but I refuse to pay MORE money to VZW to cancel my contract and buy a new phone when the rep lied right to my face. I got duped by Verizon with this crappy product and I can assure you after my 2 years are up I will be jumping ship to another carrier, most likely ATT. I will not reward a shoddy carrier like VZW with my business when they could give a damn about their customers once they have your money.
    04-02-09 01:40 PM
    Ok guys, I have been on this site for a few months now....hardly ever post. Have found tons of great info here but alot of negative people who love to complain and cry. That said here is the question:

In regards to the Storm, why are you keeping it? If you are with it for sometime and do nothing but say how much it sucks then why have it? I know this has been asked but I wanted to put a poll on it so here ya go.
    A lot of people probably still keep them because they are locked into a contract with VZW and they have no better blackberries. That's why I left VZW. I had the Storm, hated it, but I couldn't see myself going back to the curve.

Don't worry a bunch of Storm users will jump ship when the new blackberries for VZW come out.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 04-02-09 at 01:44 PM.
    04-02-09 01:42 PM
    If it were me I would keep it and simply make the best of it knowing there is so much potential for it to finally meet expectations and perform well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 01:46 PM
    I love the Fanboys on this site (and on the IPhone sites) who go out of their way to rip into anyone who criticizes this phone, like you called their mother a wh*re or something. It's an electronic device. It's not life. Get over it. I didn't know we all were supposed to sit around, hold hands and sing "Kumbaya" while worshipping the Storm. If we all don't voice our issues with the phone, then BB won't work to resolve these issues and in the end we end up with junk.

The reason people with Storm issues don't just junk the phone is because you have to go through the process of cancelling your contract, eating the termination fee, and then worrying about recouping your losses on e-bay not to mention shopping for a replacement.

As for me, I use what works and could care less about "Brands" and I have to say that the Storm which I've used for the last 2.5 months has performed less than stellar. The push E-mail service is great and I have no problem with the "click" keyboard (and find it actually quite gratifying). However, the phone has randomly locked up on me and crashed on occassion requiring a battery pull. The memory leak at times does slow the phone down. The keyboard and accelerometer lag can be very annoying at times. The camera is completely worthless. The 3G network is slow and at times webpages don't even load (why no Wi-Fi, I don't get it). I have more dropped calls now than I had with my Palm Treo on the VZ network. I had an instance recently where i stopped receiving all e-mail and SMS and again had to pull the battery. While these problems are not constant and in and of themselves don't make the phone unusable, they can definitely try my patience. I think the phone has definite potential but nothing is going to change without a real firmware update (and not some leaked version). If one isn't available soon, I'm definitely going to consider selling the phone.
    04-02-09 01:59 PM
    I love the Fanboys on this site (and on the IPhone sites) who go out of their way to rip into anyone who criticizes this phone, like you called their mother a wh*re or something. It's an electronic device. It's not life. Get over it. I didn't know we all were supposed to sit around, hold hands and sing "Kumbaya" while worshipping the Storm. If we all don't voice our issues with the phone, then BB won't work to resolve these issues and in the end we end up with junk.

The reason people with Storm issues don't just junk the phone is because you have to go through the process of cancelling your contract, eating the termination fee, and then worrying about recouping your losses on e-bay not to mention shopping for a replacement.

As for me, I use what works and could care less about "Brands" and I have to say that the Storm which I've used for the last 2.5 months has performed less than stellar. The push E-mail service is great and I have no problem with the "click" keyboard (and find it actually quite gratifying). However, the phone has randomly locked up on me and crashed on occassion requiring a battery pull. The memory leak at times does slow the phone down. The keyboard and accelerometer lag can be very annoying at times. The camera is completely worthless. The 3G network is slow and at times webpages don't even load (why no Wi-Fi, I don't get it). I have more dropped calls now than I had with my Palm Treo on the VZ network. I had an instance recently where i stopped receiving all e-mail and SMS and again had to pull the battery. While these problems are not constant and in and of themselves don't make the phone unusable, they can definitely try my patience. I think the phone has definite potential but nothing is going to change without a real firmware update (and not some leaked version). If one isn't available soon, I'm definitely going to consider selling the phone.

Good post. I agree. If you kept the device for longer than 30 days (hoping it will get better) then you have to go through cancelling you contract etc. All the while, you are hoping an update comes along to save you. Storm/iPhone always ready to rip someone that criticizes the devices. No matter for true it is, they go to the end of the world to defend. I am not loyal to any brand. I pick whichever I like and if it sucks, I'll admit it, get rid of it and get something else.
    04-02-09 02:04 PM
    I actually agree with both of you, thats why I dont post very often because I dont want to getting into an e-world pissing match.

That said I believe in constructful criticism not "Storm Sucks" end post. Also believe in cause and affect....you bought something...hated it.....then decided to ride it out anyways. Now you want to blame everyone else for it not working...you already knew that.

For me this goes back the Treo....when the Treo 700w came out is when I decided to get a smart phone. Gave me nothing but problems but I would not give it up cause the positives for me on the phone far outwayed the negatives. Same thing here.

I posted this the many people I believe to be closet storm lover!!! HAHAHA
    04-02-09 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD