Ok so I'm totally lost here on how to bring everything over from my old Storm to my replacement. I'm having the back up problems everyone else is seeming to have, so there's a no go. So I decided to do the device switch like I did from my Pearl to my original Storm. Completed it and there's nothing on the replacement. I'm completely lost here. If I'm missing something about this that's already been posted then flame away.
    12-12-08 11:38 AM
    anyone have this prob?
    12-12-08 11:57 AM
    why is backing up a nogo?

Have you tried re-installing DM? It fixed my backup issues.

What do you mean "nothing on the replacement" some more detail would help.
    12-12-08 12:00 PM
    What backup problems are you having? Once I cleared my browser cash, I was able to back up my Storm no problem.
    12-12-08 12:01 PM
    I've uninstalled DM, reinstalled. By no go I mean it's like the other posting it stops mid way and won't back up, I can't just do a restore onto the replacement. And by nothing on the replacement I mean that it stills has the original firmware, no contacts, no applications, nothing from the original came over. Oh and just by hooking it up by itself, no update avail... so yeah
    12-12-08 12:08 PM
    here are the cliffs on what you need to do:
    1) Backup info thru DM (if you have a recent backup that is good enough in worst case scenario)

2) Turn phone off and sign up or log onto https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=6HcTGBR9 to active the new BB online. Look for active phone in the quick links and follow directions.

3) Take out battery from old storm and put in new storm and after boot up dial *228 (I believe) to complete registration.

4) Hook new Storm up to DM and do a restore

5) Go to https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw to transfer BIS email from old BB (and pin) to new BB (with new pin).

That is it and you should be good. I just had to do all of this yesterday and I am good to go. Now just add any apps that werent back
    12-12-08 12:27 PM
    I've uninstalled DM, reinstalled. By no go I mean it's like the other posting it stops mid way and won't back up, I can't just do a restore onto the replacement. And by nothing on the replacement I mean that it stills has the original firmware, no contacts, no applications, nothing from the original came over. Oh and just by hooking it up by itself, no update avail... so yeah

Whatch where it's hanging up. It'll say what portion of the backup it's on. Most of the time, it's browser cash. Delete ALL of it, and try again. If it's hanging up on something else, you can use the advanced option to manually back up everything BESIDES the thing that is causing trouble.

Give those two things a shot and see what happens.
    12-12-08 12:30 PM
    Thanks, I'll just have to deal with the backup I had from when I first downloaded .75, not a huge difference in things, just a couple.
    12-12-08 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD