So I finally had enough, and went down to the store. I didn't know what to expect, as I've heard about how dust under the screen isn't considered a warranty claim. Some walking in and getting hassled, some not.
    So I walked in, waited for my turn, and pulled up Storm Flashlight as I walked to the desk. I just showed the guy my phone, and before I even said anything he said "Ack! Okie dokie, replacement it is". He did his thing, and I got a new phone (well...refurbed most likely).

After I left, my nightmare had come true! I had not returned my phone yet (bought on launch day) because it was perfect other then dust in the screen. Clicked great, no problems otherwise. Replacement has crappy clicking along the entire left side. If holding the phone in landscape mode, with the buttons on the right, the whole bottom row of buttons on the keyboard, essentially, don't click well. The very left side (top left if in portrait mode) doesn't click AT ALL. The touchscreen works, all the buttons work, but very weak clicking in most of that section, and ZERO click in that corner. Call me anal, call me OCD, but this is unacceptable.

So...Will they hassle me when I go back tomorrow for another replacement?

Edit: I did the coin trick, under the battery cover. It does help the bottom click better, and it does click in the corner with zero click, but it's still very weak.
    Last edited by Grim_Smoker; 07-23-09 at 10:10 PM.
    07-23-09 10:08 PM
    Maybe you shouldn't use a coin then. Try something slimmer. Like a piece of paper folded so it's only 3 layers. Some storms don't need a huge amount to make it work right.
    07-23-09 10:17 PM
    Who cares of what the tech at VZW thinks of you, they give you a bad replacement so go raise **** when you return there
    07-23-09 10:20 PM
    Just curious, but how does one get dust under their screen? I'm not denying that it occurs, but curious how it does occur.
    07-23-09 10:28 PM
    Just curious, but how does one get dust under their screen? I'm not denying that it occurs, but curious how it does occur.
    There's a thin glass screen on top of the display which enables the touch feature on the storm and sometimes its not assembled tight enough so dust gets down there. I've had my phone for about two months now and am just starting to see the dust but its not that bad....however I have a psp and the dust under that screen just drives me crazy si I know what it feels like

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 11:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD