I know there have been posts about the phone restarting frequently, but I did a search and couldn't find one related to Aerize.

I had my phone for a couple weeks and never had a single unwanted reboot. But two days ago I got one of the free copies of Aerize, but I decided I didn't like it so I deleted it. Ever since that download/delete my phone has been restarting about every 20 minutes or so. I tried a battery pull, I double checked everywhere to make sure Aerize was deleted (it is). I deleted VVM, VZNav, and Google Maps.
    Still seems to be rebooting. I'd rather avoid trading the phone in if possible.

Anyone else having issues related to this particular program... even after deleting it?
    Last edited by RobUM2011; 12-27-08 at 04:45 PM.
    12-27-08 04:42 PM
    I downloaded the Aerize onto my phone on 12/25 when they were giving out the free copies. My phone has never rebooted before or after I got the app installed. Maybe its just your phone? I was running .75, then .83, now .85
    12-27-08 05:13 PM
    I know there have been posts about the phone restarting frequently, but I did a search and couldn't find one related to Aerize.

I had my phone for a couple weeks and never had a single unwanted reboot. But two days ago I got one of the free copies of Aerize, but I decided I didn't like it so I deleted it. Ever since that download/delete my phone has been restarting about every 20 minutes or so. I tried a battery pull, I double checked everywhere to make sure Aerize was deleted (it is). I deleted VVM, VZNav, and Google Maps.
    Still seems to be rebooting. I'd rather avoid trading the phone in if possible.

Anyone else having issues related to this particular program... even after deleting it?
    Well I'll start by asking some simple question that way I can get a better understanding and therefor be able to help you more.
    What apps do you have installed on your phone right now? What apps do you use frequently? Are you closing the apps completely when done with them? What OS are you using?
    I should be able to get a better idea of what you problem is after you answer these questions.
    12-27-08 05:22 PM
    Well I'll start by asking some simple question that way I can get a better understanding and therefor be able to help you more.
    What apps do you have installed on your phone right now? What apps do you use frequently? Are you closing the apps completely when done with them? What OS are you using?
    I should be able to get a better idea of what you problem is after you answer these questions.
    Right now all I have is Viigo, Youtube, and Mobile Banking. I use Viigo frequently, that's about it. I always make sure I close out of everything completely. I'm using the official .75 from VZW.

I checked the data log after one of the reboots and it seems to do it after having a problem with ThemeReader....? I tried resetting the Theme with no success - it's rebooted two times since then.

EDIT:

This is exactly what the Log says:

Name: ThemeReader
    Severity: Warning
    --------------------------
    (precision_zen_360x480_t)Missing resource
    background_popup_Landscape.png

caret_bluegrass_Landscape.png

Those follow:
    a net.rim.tunnel - Close-

....That's all the info I have.

Looks like it's missing the original backgrounds or something? I dunno. Or I'm just an idi0t and those have nothing to do with the reboots... haha
    Last edited by RobUM2011; 12-27-08 at 11:10 PM.
    12-27-08 10:48 PM
    Try upgrading to .85 I believe that that was a known problem with .75, It was fixed with the later OSes
    12-27-08 11:07 PM
    Hmm. Unfortunately I have a Mac with no access to Desktop manager. I'll deal with the reboots until I can get the upgrade though and hopefully that will solve the problem. Thanks for the response.
    12-27-08 11:12 PM
    This is exactly what the Log says:

background_popup_Landscape.png

caret_bluegrass_Landscape.png

Those follow:
    a net.rim.tunnel - Close-

....That's all the info I have.

Looks like it's missing the original backgrounds or something? I dunno. Or I'm just an idi0t and those have nothing to do with the reboots... haha
    Mine says that too, I don't believe that has anything to do with it. That sucks that you can't use DM is there anyway that you can use bootcamp or any other programs to simulate windows?
    12-27-08 11:15 PM
    Mine says that too, I don't believe that has anything to do with it. That sucks that you can't use DM is there anyway that you can use bootcamp or any other programs to simulate windows?
    Ah, nevermind..and here I thought I was on to something.
    Umm, I probably could get bootcamp or something with enough work, but I think I'm far too lazy to start attempting that.

Do we know how long until an official update from VZW ?
    12-27-08 11:21 PM
    unfortunately not, you appear to be at the mercy of Verizon since it is up to the carrier to release them.
    12-27-08 11:25 PM
    I just tried plugging my Storm into my computer for the first time since the reboots began. In the past I would get the BLACKBERRY1 and BLACKBERRY2 folders as usual. Now I only get the BLACKBERRY2 (media card) folder. Could this be a side effect of whatever is wrong with my phone?
    12-28-08 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD