So I realied that after installing google maps when I upgraded to 5.0 I noticed that the keyboard takes up half the screen, and you have to navigate around the map using your finger as a mouse, instead of sliding it around....I also went into applications and changed the compatibility mode, that took away the keyboard but now I can't scroll around at all with my finger....anyone else having this problem?
    11-10-09 09:25 AM
    I can't remember, but I was thinking there was a special way of putting google maps on 5.0, you can't install it from the google site.
    11-10-09 09:33 AM
    Http:// bordapapa.extra.hu/ maps.jad

I can't remember if I can post links but copy/paste the above into your BB browser and erase the spaces. Delete the current Google Maps you have just in case they interfere with eachother.
    11-10-09 10:21 AM
    Http:// bordapapa.extra.hu/ maps.jad

I can't remember if I can post links but copy/paste the above into your BB browser and erase the spaces. Delete the current Google Maps you have just in case they interfere with eachother.
    This isn't needed anymore. Google has updated the jad files on their site to properly install under 5.x OS.

Uninstall the existing maps and reboot when asked. Then go to www.google.com/gmm and install the new version.
    11-10-09 10:43 AM
    This isn't needed anymore. Google has updated the jad files on their site to properly install under 5.x OS.

Uninstall the existing maps and reboot when asked. Then go to Google Maps and install the new version.
    Good to know . Thanks Civic...
    11-10-09 10:57 AM
    Last edited by jdk2; 11-10-09 at 01:40 PM.
    11-10-09 01:35 PM
    I just downloaded via google.com/gmm and it still has the damn keyboard....anyone?
    11-11-09 04:36 PM
    I just downloaded via google.com/gmm and it still has the damn keyboard....anyone?
    User error. There should be no reason Compatability Mode is getting turned on if you have your browser set right. Make sure emulation is set to Blackberry in the browser and CLEAR EVERYTHING IN THE CACHE. Then close the browser and open it again and go to the gmm website and redownload it.
    11-11-09 07:43 PM
    I just downloaded and it works fine. GPS located my location and no keyboard.
    11-11-09 08:13 PM
    User error. There should be no reason Compatability Mode is getting turned on if you have your browser set right. Make sure emulation is set to Blackberry in the browser and CLEAR EVERYTHING IN THE CACHE. Then close the browser and open it again and go to the gmm website and redownload it.
    where do I find Emulation?
    11-12-09 10:57 AM
    where do I find Emulation?
    It's in the Browser Options.
    11-12-09 12:23 PM
    thanks for the info, worked great
    11-13-09 09:39 PM
    i get it now so i can remove the keyboard. but i still have to use it to navigate around the program. its still not like it was on 4.7. unless im doing something else wrong.
    11-13-09 10:55 PM
    i stoped using google maps and went back to blackberry maps at 3.2. is it worth trying it again?
    11-18-09 01:01 AM
    What's the current version of Google Maps app....I have 3.2.1 for my Storm 1?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-09 01:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD