Is there a way to hide the keyboard in google maps? I don't have a hide keyboard option.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 12:37 PM
    try going to applications list, highlight google maps, then press bb button and turn off compatibility mode
    08-04-09 12:39 PM
    That should work, and if by some chance it doesnt just try swiping the keyboard down.
    08-04-09 12:44 PM
    Is there a way to hide the keyboard in google maps? I don't have a hide keyboard option.

It almost sounds like you have the wrong version on your phone. Open goggle maps, hit your BB button, go to help, then about/infor. You should see Platform: Blackberry-9530_v4_7, if you don't see the v4_7 you have the wrong version for your storm.
    08-04-09 12:47 PM
    Ahh the crackberry gods save me again. The compatibility mode was the issue. Very much appreciated!

08-04-09 12:52 PM
    Ahh the crackberry gods save me again. The compatibility mode was the issue. Very much appreciated!

Make sure you can touch and move around on the screen, I had a similar problem and when I turn off compatibility mode off I got the whole screen back but I could not do anything.
    08-04-09 12:56 PM

You shouldn't have to do that. I agree with what sting5566 says, you have the wrong version installed on your storm.
    I bet you don't have the blue dot on the bottom right or the +/- magnifying glasses on the bottom left.
    You have the wrong version installed on the storm, install the storm version and it works real nice.
    08-04-09 01:00 PM
    It says I have the 9530 v4_7. The keyboard isn't an issue but now the my location feature isn't working.

08-04-09 01:14 PM
    Where can I find the right version for the storm?

08-04-09 01:44 PM
    It says I have the 9530 v4_7. The keyboard isn't an issue but now the my location feature isn't working.

Make sure you do a battery pull. v4_7 is the storm version.
    08-04-09 04:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD