I was using Google Maps the first few days I had my phone and loved it. However since I have downloaded the new update from RIM it will not open. It starts to open and then cuts back to the home screen. I have deleted the google maps application and redownloaded and still have the same problem. Any suggestions as to what the problem might be?
    12-05-08 08:36 PM
    Open up DM and look at the applications you have installed. See if you have Google Mpas installed twice (two different versions) If so, delete the older version.

This could cause the mix-up.
    12-05-08 10:10 PM
    Sorry I'm new to this. I'm assuming that DM means Download Manager? I checked the downloads and the only there is nothing there. Any other suggestions?
    12-05-08 10:41 PM
    You might want to pull the battery to do a reboot between uninstalling and reinstalling. Don't know if this will work, but it's worth a shot.
    12-06-08 12:04 AM
    Sorry I'm new to this. I'm assuming that DM means Download Manager? I checked the downloads and the only there is nothing there. Any other suggestions?
    Desktop Manager
    12-06-08 01:47 AM
    I tried uninstalling on desktop manager and reinstalling and still have the same problem. Anyone else have any suggestions?
    12-08-08 01:21 PM
    For anyone elese that might have this problem I found the solution.

Go to Options
    Security Options
    Application Permissions
    Google Maps
    Edit Permissions
    Change all to Allow
    12-09-08 08:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD