For some reason my school has changed their email services over to Google Apps. I went into the setup on my Storm and tried to add my new email but it wont let me. I have triple checked the address and the password and it still prompts a message saying unable to access server. Battery pulls and all, no clue.

has anyone utilized a google apps account on their Storm? I need this email 90% of the time (very important)
    03-23-09 12:39 PM
    hey, actually my university (Temple U) also uses google as the email service. mine seems to work great actually on my storm. I didn't really do anything special when i configured it, i just did what i did with my other 2 email accounts, (another personal google account and an aol account). i just did add account in the email settings, clicked on gmail. then it tells you to put in the email address. although mine is controlled by google, its actually a @temple.edu account so i erased @gmail.com and typed in @temple.edu with the beginning part of my address, of course, put in my password and it did the rest.
    In short, it works.
    03-23-09 12:56 PM
    hey, actually my university (Temple U) also uses google as the email service. mine seems to work great actually on my storm. I didn't really do anything special when i configured it, i just did what i did with my other 2 email accounts, (another personal google account and an aol account). i just did add account in the email settings, clicked on gmail. then it tells you to put in the email address. although mine is controlled by google, its actually a @temple.edu account so i erased @gmail.com and typed in @temple.edu with the beginning part of my address, of course, put in my password and it did the rest.
    In short, it works.
    I never thought about erasing the GMail part...gonna give this a shot. i like the fact that transfered to Google Apps I wish I could just figure it out. Now I just need to figure out how to sync my Google App Calendar....looks like I got some work cut out for me...I will let you know if this works
    03-23-09 03:58 PM
    Ya it keeps saying unable to access this account please try again...I dont know what's going on
    03-23-09 04:02 PM
    have you tried to set the email account up using the bis site? this change in method might help you pick up on why it's not working...it has worked for me before.

i can't pose links yet but there should be a thread with the bis link for your carrier
    03-23-09 04:12 PM
    smoothbravo is on the right track.

BlackBerry Internet Service

login to the site. delete your original school email. add a new one with your google address.

my isp recently switched to gmail. after the switch, i had to use the bis site because i couldn't log on from my phone. i also tried to edit the old settings, but it didn't work. so i deleted the old one and created a new one.

it can take up to 20 minutes to start getting email. usually only takes 5 or so.

if the vzw rep set up your email, then get assistance on the bis page and put in your pin or phone number (i think) and it will send it to you via sms.
    Last edited by Pharaoh45; 03-23-09 at 04:21 PM.
    03-23-09 04:19 PM
    does the BIS service cost anything...I was reading through the disclaimer and it was talking about payments?
    03-23-09 07:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD