I need to decide if I should return my phone or not. I love it, especially with the new update, but I question the quality of my screen. I mean I can type with it but it's just not as easy or smooth as when I have a bunch of paper shoved inside my phone. Even then some parts of the screen are hard to click fully.

Is it possible to have a screen that has perfectly uniform clicking across all parts of the screen? Or will there always be parts that click a little easier or a little harder? How much force should it take to push the screen? What makes a good screen exactly?

Thank you.
    11-30-08 04:24 AM
    Good is a relative term. For me a good clicking screen has a uniform distribution, does not require excessive force, but also requires enough force to feel "right." if it feels better with the paper trick then use it...you should be able to get a pretty uniform click with that, but go with what feels right to you, because that's what matters

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-08 04:35 AM
    I would love to know if anyone has a perfectly uniform clicking screen, cause I know I do not, and am considering returning mine for one that does. But I expect to get one the same as my present device.
    11-30-08 05:07 AM
    Mine as of last night no longer clicks as good as it did the day i got it, and i'll be exchanging it for a new one. I shouldn't have to use paper to make my screen click right.. and the center clicks fine, its just the corners that are no longer easily "clicked"
    11-30-08 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD