Well, it seems my old one is done. What are some good bluetooths out there? I am also looking to compare the best of just phone call ones, and ones that you can talk with as well as listen to music. Thx.
    04-16-09 11:25 PM
    I have a Jabra BT530. Plays music, calls sound good. nobody ever says i sound far away or anything or has trouble hearing me while im on it. i think it cost me like 45$ or something. very worth it IMO. Its very comfortable, and stays in ear well, i wear it all day at work and it never bothers me.
    04-16-09 11:42 PM
    I prefer the Jabra BT840 has stereo bluetooth sound.. noise reduction.. in ear comfortable design no need for ear loop.. great battery life... looks good with small form.. quality sound.

Very cheap price coming down from $80 only $25.. Check it out at buy.com just bought two of them one for me and one for the wife.

Also was one of CNETS Top 10 picks a while back.

I have used the new Jawbone II: I didn't like it and I returned the Jawbone II and got this instead.
    04-17-09 01:02 AM
    I had the original and tried the new Jawbone II. I didn't like it at first, but after I broke the hanger for the 15th time and they are no longer sold,I went with the new one and now I love it.Much better than the older clunckier original.
    04-17-09 01:16 AM
    I am currently using the Plantronics 925. It is one of the best bluetooth headsets I've ever owned. I had the original Jawbone, but my friends would complain about the sound quality.

The cool thing about the 925 is that you get a mobile charging case if your bluetooth gets drained and you are away from an electrical outlet. I recommend you try this product. I've been very satisfied with it.
    04-17-09 02:57 AM
    I also use, and sell a lot of, the plantronics 925. Good call quality and really long battery life.
    04-17-09 03:02 AM
    I use Jabra BT8040. Its the best BT I have used yet and it also allows pairing up to 5 devices and allows you to use 2 devices at the same time for those of us that have to carry a work phone and a personal phone this is a great feature.

also sound quality on both ends is great and the niose reduction works great.. I have been talking on my handset then switch to my bluetooth in the middle of my calls in noisey enviroments and have had people comment on how great it filters out backgraoud noise. Very confortable in the ear also....
    Last edited by bkeaver; 04-17-09 at 06:58 AM.
    04-17-09 06:52 AM
    For phone only...I use Jawbone

For phone and music....I use Motorola S9HD
    04-17-09 07:26 AM
    I second the Jabra BT8040. I listen to music on it everyday. Syncs up flawlessly with the Storm and my mac at the same time. Music sounds great and it is really comfortable. Don't use it much for calls though. Recharges very quickly. Best $35 I've spent towards the phone and I think it is even cheaper now.
    04-17-09 07:37 AM
    I have a Jawbone II and love it. However, fit is important, so see if you can try a friend's out first etc...that is if they don't mind having your ear-jam on their ear-piece... :P
    04-17-09 07:39 AM
    Well, it seems my old one is done. What are some good bluetooths out there? I am also looking to compare the best of just phone call ones, and ones that you can talk with as well as listen to music. Thx.
    I have recently tried the Motorola H710, H15, Jawbone II, Plantronics 925, Jabra 530.

I have used the Motoroal H700 for years and is similar to the newer H710. The H710 is an over the ear type with loose fit, dangling fit. Sound quality is good. Easy to shut off.

The H15 was not comfortable to me. The Jawbone was a big dissapointment. Never got a comfortable fit and finally the earloop broke. The newer earbuds didi not work any better form me.

I currently have the Plantronics 925. It is comfortable to wear with no earloops provided. It actually stays in my ear. Many alternate ways to charge it and sound quality is very good.

I also just bought the Jabra 530. Not had much time to evaluate it but it is comfortable to wear and many different types of buds and 2 loops are provided. So far I think I have to use the earloop on this one. It supports stereo the others above do not. The music sound quality is not very good only in one ear.

Finally I have the Motorola S9 which I use purely for music (though you can make and receive calls too). Sound quality is excellent when listening to music.

My main problem is not the headset but the Sorm's poor performance with Bluetooth and the phones Voice Activated Dialing. The phone often freezes atthe "initialing, please wait" phase and requires a battery pull to restore voice dialing finctionality. This has happened on 2 different new Storms.
    04-17-09 07:42 AM
    Im thinking about getting the Jabra BT8040 but i read this review:

"you have to tweak a number of settings to disable functionality on the BlackBerry or your calls will constantly drop. There's supposedly a fix in the works, but I have yet to see one."

Is this true??
    04-17-09 08:03 AM
    and another question...does anyone know if it work with the iPhone first generation? I might as well get one for the boyfriend since the price is so low
    04-17-09 08:11 AM

"you have to tweak a number of settings to disable functionality on the BlackBerry or your calls will constantly drop. There's supposedly a fix in the works, but I have yet to see one."

Is this true??
    Tweak what settings? I have never had any issues. I have hooked both to my Storm and my wife's LG Env phone without any issues and without having to disable anything.

It is so easy to pair up and personally in my opinion blows away any of the competition. Especially for the price of $25 from buy.com .. free shipping + zero tax. I have used many different headsets from Jawbone.. Motorola .. Platronics and by far this is my favorite. And I have never dropped any calls.

If you have .75 there is a bluetooth bug like the speed dial will not transfer to your headset automatically. But ever since I upgraded to .122 that issue has been fixed.

Other than that everything works perfect for me. I definitely would recommend you pick one up.

About your other questions supporting the iphone. I couldn't say for sure because I haven't used an iphone with it but as long as the iphone 1st gen supports bluetooth 2.0 it should work I would think.
    Last edited by bradbogy; 04-17-09 at 09:06 AM.
    04-17-09 09:03 AM
    can the people that uses the jawbone II tell me if its possible to listen to the music through it? i was trying and couldn't figure it out...
    04-17-09 09:24 AM
    Yes you can Tearocks. It supports Bluetooth stereo profile.
    04-17-09 09:33 AM
    If you have .75 there is a bluetooth bug like the speed dial will not transfer to your headset automatically. But ever since I upgraded to .122 that issue has been fixed.

Other than that everything works perfect for me. I definitely would recommend you pick one up.

About your other questions supporting the iphone. I couldn't say for sure because I haven't used an iphone with it but as long as the iphone 1st gen supports bluetooth 2.0 it should work I would think.
    Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

I have .75, so are you saying i would have to upgrade to .122 for it to work properly?
    04-17-09 09:46 AM
    Yes you can Tearocks. It supports Bluetooth stereo profile.
    please can u help me out and tell me how its done?
    04-17-09 10:02 AM
    Someone is giving you a very bad review there are no settings to tweak

Is this true??
    04-17-09 10:17 AM
    I am currently using the Plantronics 925. It is one of the best bluetooth headsets I've ever owned. I had the original Jawbone, but my friends would complain about the sound quality.

The cool thing about the 925 is that you get a mobile charging case if your bluetooth gets drained and you are away from an electrical outlet. I recommend you try this product. I've been very satisfied with it.
    I have the 925 as well.
    04-17-09 10:19 AM
    I use the Motorola S9 that wrap around and love them. Very good quality and range while I workout for music or talking.
    04-17-09 10:19 AM
    Someone is giving you a very bad review there are no settings to tweak
    And are you using .75?
    04-17-09 10:35 AM
    I'm happy with my Aliph Jawbone 2. My wife uses a Jawbone 1 with her pearl and the sound quality is excellent on both.
    04-17-09 10:46 AM
    I love my Jawbone II, and I can listen to Slacker through it not sure about music that is put on the device since I don't listen to anything except for Slacker on it.
    04-17-09 11:09 AM
    Voice - Zivio Boom by Joby. Best headset I have ever had. people do not know I am on a headset. Talked to wife next to busy highway, and all shecould hear was my voice.

Music - Plantronics P590a. Nice bass, plays loud enough to hurt my ears.
    04-17-09 02:35 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD