Going to Germany in July want data and voice. Know if i get on international plan I can use Vodaphone network. Question 1. Will I get roaming charges? 2. If yes how much?

Thanks all Storm Rocks!!
    05-23-09 03:28 AM
    yes you can use the Vodaphone network. Your storm will also automatically select a network but usually picks up vodaphone first.
    Data plan is 64.99
    Voice is $1.29/min unless you get the international voice value plan for $4.99/mo then you can pay $.99 a minute, incoming/outgoing.
    This includes roaming.
    05-23-09 03:40 AM
    By saying the voice is 1.29 and includes roaming I'm assuming that means I will only be charged talk time? (sorry for being so stupid) Example if I leave my phone on all the time I will only be charged when I talk. I guess I'm asking will I be charged like the old days for just having phone on?
    Thanks for the response!
    05-23-09 04:05 AM
    Voice and SMS will be exactly like any other phone, you will pay roaming rate for calls originated and received.

Roaming data (emails, BBM, web) is also billable. Your phone does transfer a small amount of housekeeping data so the RIM network knows it is still alive even if you don't send or receive anything yourself, so you this will also be billed as roaming data. However the idle traffic is usually very low volume and does not run up much cost.
    05-23-09 04:57 AM
    1.29 does include only originating and received calls. NO old school roaming charges just for having it on
    International Data Plan includes everything else including, BBM, MSN Messenger etc.., any emails + unlimited internet, BB Maps navigation. No extra roaming charges apply.
    incoming SMS are $0.05 ea and outgoing SMS are $0.50 each.
    05-23-09 05:17 AM
    Hey Duane

Here is a link to a thread I started about using the Storm for Voice and Data in Europe.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/usi...ed-out-134632/

Rich
    Last edited by richs10; 05-23-09 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Problem posting thread link.
    05-23-09 05:26 AM
    Does anyone know how much MMS are when you send them. I plan to take pics and send them out daily...
    05-23-09 02:07 PM
    I've never used an MMS, even back here at home. In Europe, I just attached a pic I wanted to send to an email message. It worked fine and it is included in the Global Data Plan. Again, I don't really understand MMS.
    05-23-09 02:22 PM
    or you could call VZW for this info, it is on their site as well....
    also, this site will help you help yourself
    International Services
    05-23-09 02:33 PM
    or you could call VZW for this info, it is on their site as well....
    also, this site will help you help yourself
    International Services
    Wow, that's alarming. Pay $4.99 per month and then save anywhere from $0-1 PER MINUTE. Some countries rates were up to $5 per minute with the minimum charge. Turn your phone off and buy a calling card. Pay phones are ubiquitous in Europe unlike the US.

The dataplan is just as bad. $130 or $260 a month for 100MB or 200MB respectively. Just pay for an hour on a computer in an internet cafe. Maybe 2-5 euros. They're everywhere. Your hotel may offer wireless for free - depending on where you stay. Take the laptop - a voltage converter is a more cost-effective option than Verizon.

Leave the phone at home. Turned on - using bandwidth - free beyond what you already pay. "Your access to the world just got easier" and more expensive, sucker.
    05-23-09 03:07 PM
    I was In Germany earlier this year and SMS were $.50 per outgoing and $.05 incoming. Didn't use MMS. Just attached images to emails for free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 03:11 PM
    this is the germany rates
    Calling From Germany
    05-23-09 03:14 PM
    Wow, that's alarming. Pay $4.99 per month and then save anywhere from $0-1 PER MINUTE. Some countries rates were up to $5 per minute with the minimum charge. Turn your phone off and buy a calling card. Pay phones are ubiquitous in Europe unlike the US.
    correct, but if you need to be available at your domestic phone number, the rates are rather convenient.

The dataplan is just as bad. $130 or $260 a month for 100MB or 200MB respectively. Just pay for an hour on a computer in an internet cafe. Maybe 2-5 euros. They're everywhere. Your hotel may offer wireless for free - depending on where you stay. Take the laptop - a voltage converter is a more cost-effective option than Verizon.
    $69.99 Monthly Access Plan: Unlimited
    $64.99 Unlimited Feature w/Voice Calling Plan
    Pay Per Use Plan: $0.02/KB
    Calling From Germany

Leave the phone at home. Turned on - using bandwidth - free beyond what you already pay. "Your access to the world just got easier" and more expensive, sucker.
    opinions are appreciated, but this one is poorly founded. cost vs. value is a personal decision. all we can do is provide the info and feedback from our own personal experiences. but thanks anyway.
    05-23-09 03:16 PM
    Was just in aruba for a week..was using my storm on vodafones nrtwork...worked great...called verizon and told them to prorate my data charges...worked out to a dollar a day..also they were able to start the global and stop it depending on the days I gave them

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD