My girl got the Storm2 the other day. It is totally amazing. The best part about it is that she basically has the same apps as me, including APP WORLD, and the best part is.... her memory doesn't move at all! How the **** can my Storm1 randomly lose memory is beyond me. I feel like they made .328 crappy on purpose so people will buy the Storm2. Luckily for me my line was available for upgrade as I used a diff line last year to get the Storm. I made her call up and they offered to give me a free BB per the BOGO deal since she only had it a few days. I would strongly suggest to get a Storm2. The screen clicking is so much better and flawless. I feel like I am pressing bricks now when typing on the Storm1. Store units do not do the Storm2 justice as it has been abused by so many people. When I tried it in the store it felt the same to me. I can see myself getting carpel tunnel a lot faster because how bad the screen is on the Storm1! Monday my Storm2 will be here!!!
    12-17-09 10:13 PM
    i have to agree the storm 2 is very nice....memory for me holds like 151 did. I boot to 92 MBs with probably 80 apps installed. the click is different but works better than my storm 1 did. It had a perfect click as it was. i hate to say it but the s2 is nothing groundbreaking, but certainly the way the S1 should have been
    12-17-09 10:23 PM
    Go droid .its markeplace p
    Blows appworld away and pages upone pages of FREE apps not every app will cost you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 12:43 AM
    I was gonna stick it out with my Storm1 but now ya'll got me thinking about getting the 2. Hmmm.....
    12-18-09 12:51 PM
    Once the price comes down to the $50 range, I'll probably get it.
    12-18-09 12:53 PM
    It has nothing to do with the Storm 2 hardware, and everything to do with the OS. The Storm 2 runs .320 which was never released for Storm 1. Release .323 was pretty close, and that's what I run on my Storm 1. Comparatively, .328 is nowhere near as good for many Storms.
    12-18-09 12:54 PM
    Should I trade my bold2 for the storm2?

12-18-09 12:55 PM
    It has nothing to do with the Storm 2 hardware, and everything to do with the OS. The Storm 2 runs .320 which was never released for Storm 1. Release .323 was pretty close, and that's what I run on my Storm 1. Comparatively, .328 is nowhere near as good for many Storms.
    BS!! my storm 1 was golden, never had any hardware issues and the screen clicked perfectly. I ran 327 and 323 on it for quite a while. I got my storm 2 and installed 428 on in before even registering the damn thing. The OS is the same for the most part. Email works and memory is solid and the icons update on the homescreen but the OS runs no different otherwise really than 327 did on the storm 1. thats right 428 is just more polished and has some of the annoying bugs worked out. Any still room for improvment for many things.

More memory and a much better click make the difference. The screen is better to, more definition to it i would say. Crisper maybe. Wifi is a nice touch for many. Like i said its what the storm 1 should have been honeslty. I hate to admit that too. Radio told us the storm 2 is like a storm 1.5 really and its true. its not earth shattering but the improvements in hardware are nice.

You are a fool to think the OS is making that much of a difference in devices
    Last edited by howarmat; 12-18-09 at 01:29 PM.
    12-18-09 01:13 PM
    Not for nothing, but I think the new revision of Original Storms are pretty badass.

I just did an exchange (because my warranty expires later this month) and mine came with 5.0.0.328 and some type of cushion under the battery which makes the screen press absolutely awesome.

It stays at around 30mb of app memory available, with the 8 apps I use most installed (Pandora, Gmaps, Viigo, Appworld, CaptureIt, Bolt Browser, Flickr, FB) so I can't complain. Everything works as it should, and the .55 BBM has been doing well with all the sending/receiving files so I have no complaints.

I was pretty close to switching to the Droid, but this will hold me until they make a nicer Android device (the Droid is God awful IMO). Or I might just try the S2, but I don't know if I want to waste the upgrade just yet.
    12-18-09 01:19 PM
    It's actually a mix of both.

Many of the Storm1's had a flimsy click feature, and gaps around the screen. They actually revised the click feature and that is why the newer ones are a bit better, also they added some sort of foam under my battery which makes it even more great.
    12-18-09 01:22 PM
    i like the storm 2,,but i juz got ma storm 1 couple months ago..cant upgrade - -*
    12-18-09 01:26 PM
    I just called vzw at lunch to ***** about my storm 1 and by the end of my call, I extended out for another 2 and am having storm2 shipped to my house by Monday. I was less than 1 year into current contract. They knocked off fifty for VIP and gave it to me for 129, w/o having to wait for rebates. I am reasonably excited. Storm 1 for sale.

12-18-09 02:16 PM
    I just called vzw at lunch to ***** about my storm 1 and by the end of my call, I extended out for another 2 and am having storm2 shipped to my house by Monday. I was less than 1 year into current contract. They knocked off fifty for VIP and gave it to me for 129, w/o having to wait for rebates. I am reasonably excited. Storm 1 for sale.

I may try this just after the holidays.

But I'm so in love with this new Storm, had it 48hrs already.
    12-18-09 02:26 PM

uhhhhhhhh no
    12-18-09 02:33 PM

Only if you want to switch carriers anyway...I wouldn't switch just to get the Storm2 over the Bold 9700...

Anyway, about the S2. It's too much money. Unless they drop the price to $49 it's not worth it to me to upgrade from the S1. I figure the extra memory is worth $25 and the WiFi is worth $25. Otherwise it's pretty much the same phone to me. If I'm going to spend $200 to upgrade phones I'm going to want something that offers a lot more over my S1. So, I'll probably either be going Android in a couple months or I'll upgrade to the S2 when the price comes down on it...
    12-18-09 02:40 PM
    I have been debating calling about my Storm 1. First off, let me say I am very happy with it. For me, it works great. No flaws, I am very satisfied. EXCEPT for all the dang dust under the screen! I keep it in my pocket and the dust is getting bad.

My first Storm (made in Mexico) worked perfectly. I had it a few mknths and called and got it replaced due to excessive dust under the screen. The refurb they sent me would never be recognized by a computer so they sent another the next day. That is the one I am using... made in Canada. It was brand new, not a refurb. Has worked perfectly. I hate to switch cuz of a few apps like Shazam and DynoStorm which I have to call to get new authorization for new PIN...

Is the Storm 2 any better at keeping dust out? If I were to call to gripe about my Storm 1 will they still have Storm 1s to ship to me? I do NOT want another Storm 1. MIGHT call if I can get the Storm 2.... but only if it will stop the dust under the screen better than current Storm.
    12-19-09 12:10 AM
    I've only been using it for a day but I am impressed for the most part. I did a backup of everything including my 3rd party apps. Installed .428 and did a restore. Funny thing is, I have not lost a mb yet. The same apps and all on my Storm1 and I would lose 15mb in less than 24 hours. How can you explain that??? I still experienced the loss of audio for my text messages and ringtones but the Vibrate mode actually worked on the S2 after losing sound. On the S1 nothing would work. I am guessing this is an OS problem that will be fixed. I never experienced this on 4.7. Also I notice that the battery life dies a little faster but then again this is the first charge of the phone so hopefully it gets stronger after a few charges.
    12-22-09 06:00 PM
    I have been debating calling about my Storm 1. First off, let me say I am very happy with it. For me, it works great. No flaws, I am very satisfied. EXCEPT for all the dang dust under the screen! I keep it in my pocket and the dust is getting bad.

My first Storm (made in Mexico) worked perfectly. I had it a few mknths and called and got it replaced due to excessive dust under the screen. The refurb they sent me would never be recognized by a computer so they sent another the next day. That is the one I am using... made in Canada. It was brand new, not a refurb. Has worked perfectly. I hate to switch cuz of a few apps like Shazam and DynoStorm which I have to call to get new authorization for new PIN...

Is the Storm 2 any better at keeping dust out? If I were to call to gripe about my Storm 1 will they still have Storm 1s to ship to me? I do NOT want another Storm 1. MIGHT call if I can get the Storm 2.... but only if it will stop the dust under the screen better than current Storm.
    Do you have a case on your phone? I have an Otterbox Defender case on mine and I love it. Some lint and dust will get between the screen protector and the screen but other than that it's great. The screen protector is attached to the case if you didnt know. All I have to do is take the case apart every now and then and clean it off
    12-23-09 02:17 AM
    No case.... would not fit in my pocket comfortably if it did. I tried the Otterbox Commuter but had to return it. It put so much pressure on my battery door that it rendered the screen useless.... no click possible.
    12-23-09 02:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD