ok im a newb at this so i need some help and advice. i have a curve 8330 right now with verizon. i like the phone but want something different, my buddy has a brand new storm hes not using that i could pick up off him. heres my question i know there are alot of ney sayers (some of my friends included) that say i should wait till jan for my next upgrade and get the storm 2, is that really the case? if anything id like to atleast use the storm my buddy has laying around to get used to a all touchscreen phone, is this a good idea or a waste of time? also if i do this i had heard about an update or something that helped the first storm...is that true??

agin im a big noob with this but was recomended to come here for some good advice and help
    thanks
    Eric

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 08:42 AM
    Wait for the S2. Unless your going to get the S1 for almost nothing from your friend. Even then, I would upgrade to the S2 in Jan.
    11-02-09 09:00 AM
    yea the s1 will be dirt cheap, id prolly still upgrade in jan, but i was wondering if the s1 would be worth it in the mean time and if there is anything i need to do ie- updates or anything. and the nice thing is if i got the s1 and liked it i could always hang onto it. im just tired of my current phone, i like it but i have my fair share of qualms with it too.

11-02-09 09:17 AM
    I love my S1 and have had zero problems with it. running the new 5.0 official .328 release and it is running awesome. i have used Windows Mobile devices most of my professional career so i am used to having a device that needed special attention. but since i have had my Storm i have had no problems. granted i dont run any games on it i use it strictly for phone,email,internet,weather. it has treated me real good.

now with that said, do i want a S2? sure i do but there is nothing wrong with my S1 so i cant justify the cost of a new phone.

what ever you decide i am sure you will have fun playing with your new device.
    11-02-09 10:52 AM
    I would try the storm1. If you don't like it try the storm2. I got the storm1 and have yet to regret that decision.
    11-02-09 11:00 AM
    i just moved from 8310 to storm 1 (9530) and absolutly love it.. i highly reccomend it.

s2 seems sweeeeeeeeeeet though

the wifi is worth the extra money alone
    11-02-09 11:00 AM
    yea i think im going to just pick up the S1 for now and see how that treats me till my upgrade in jan.

11-02-09 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD